Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Enthusiastic Cape Town maths student says hello

1. Feb 19, 2016 #1
    Hi there,

I'm one of those rare undergrads happy with the idea of being a statistician, although I originally planned to focus on genetics. My mathematical ability and understanding is only at 1st year level, but it improves by the day! I am particularly interested in learning Mathematica and R. I am fascinated by physics but am only now starting to study it properly, in applied mathematics courses.

Besides my studies I am most passionate about social justice issues, in fact I am keen to do statistical work on them eventually. I also love Chinese and Lego, and have constructed a custom Lego laptop (based on a Surface pro 3 tablet) which I use for all my varsity work. Here it is at its first maths lecture!

U-gWw57y1sB_L8BytrSjwfF2Rg7PxBJf2TPIjVxIGJA-wjQG91W5GTDKdOk1xL158rq9tkgyGFzPIxA7QJ2=w798-h449-no.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2016 #2
    Very impressive!

Welcome to PF, too. :)

4. Feb 20, 2016 #3
    Very cool! Welcome to the forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook