Entropy and BSFC Progression

• Thread starter narrator
  • Start date
narrator
When my parents were young, you didn't say the 'b' word (bloody) in mixed company.

When I was young, you didn't say the 's' word around your parents and you didn't drop the f-bomb in mixed company.

Soon the 's' word started appearing on the small screen. The first time I heard the f-bomb onscreen was in a Monty Python short film, back the 70's.

Now, the 'b' word is acceptable just about anywhere, you can say the 's' word in front of your parents, and can judiciously use the f-bomb in many situations.

The last element seems to be the 'c' word, however some of the teens that I teach are very liberal with it.

Entropy Scale: B -> S -> F -> C -> ?

This prompts 2 questions:

Does this make C a base element?
What other social entropy is evident?

Answers and Replies

pergradus
bloody is supposed to be a curse word?

You brits are weird.

JaredJames
bloody is supposed to be a curse word?

You brits are weird.

Depends on use.

Referring to the state of a person / object it means to be covered in blood.

However, it is often used as a curse word.

Not that unheard of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody
Bloody is the adjectival form of blood but may also be used as an expletive attributive (intensifier) in Australia, Britain, Ireland, Canada, Singapore, South Africa (in the form of bladdy or blerrie), New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Anglophone Caribbean and Sri Lanka. Nowadays it is considered (by most of the population of these countries) to be a very mild expletive, and unlikely to cause offence in most circles,[1] with the exception of the most severe critics.

Suggested for: Entropy and BSFC Progression

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views