1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Entropy Introduction

1. Jul 21, 2015 #1
    [Mentor's Note: Thread moved from the New Member Introduction to General Physics]

what are the physical interpertation of entropy?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2015 #2
    Hi Vishnu.

This is not the appropriate area for you to ask that question. This is for introductions only. Please pose your question in one of the other forums on PF.

Welcome to PF, by the way.

Regards
    Stevie

4. Jul 21, 2015 #3
    Hiii Stevie
    Thanks to inform me for this. Where can I pose my question? please tell me the sufficient area.

5. Jul 21, 2015 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I've already moved this thread to the general physics forum.

6. Jul 21, 2015 #5
    You can try the search feature to find many answers on this topic.
    Entropy is the amount of information required to specify the exact microscopic state of everything in a system. So, for a container of gas, this is the amount to specify the position and momentum of each molecule in the container, and possibly some more information of specify rotation angles and angular momentum depending on the degrees of freedom of the molecules.

7. Jul 22, 2015 #6
    thanx for the answer

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook