1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I EPQ help (slingshot)

1. Jan 11, 2017 #1
    For my epq project I decided to create a slingshot which would fire a 780g projectile 100m.
    Then I looked up how to do the maths for it i.e the force needed, the tension in the rope etc. And I could find nothing. if anyone wants to help it would be appreciated: 780g projectile, 100m range and firing at angle of 45 degrees

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2017 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello Ginger, :welcome:
    There's something about the culture at PF that encourages folks to first make an effort to get under way :smile:
    It is difficult to find nothing when searching for such terms. Fortunately PF has a whole thread of formulas for you to look through. When done, you can post a thread with a more specific problem statement.

4. Jan 11, 2017 #3

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

We'll give you one hint to get you started though... How fast must the projectile be moving at launch?

And with that hint, this thread is closed. As @BvU says, you can post a more specific problem statement when you have one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?