Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I EPQ help (slingshot)

1. Jan 11, 2017 #1
    For my epq project I decided to create a slingshot which would fire a 780g projectile 100m.
    Then I looked up how to do the maths for it i.e the force needed, the tension in the rope etc. And I could find nothing. if anyone wants to help it would be appreciated: 780g projectile, 100m range and firing at angle of 45 degrees

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2017 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello Ginger, :welcome:
    There's something about the culture at PF that encourages folks to first make an effort to get under way :smile:
    It is difficult to find nothing when searching for such terms. Fortunately PF has a whole thread of formulas for you to look through. When done, you can post a thread with a more specific problem statement.

4. Jan 11, 2017 #3

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

We'll give you one hint to get you started though... How fast must the projectile be moving at launch?

And with that hint, this thread is closed. As @BvU says, you can post a more specific problem statement when you have one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook