1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Epstein Zeta function

1. Nov 1, 2005 #1
    Hello, i would like to know the definiton of epstein zeta function and its zeros,i would like to know if s is a zero then s* is also a zero and what would be the functional equation that the Epstein function satisfy....thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2005 #2

Zurtex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Nov 1, 2005 #3
    Thanks..for the links but i have not been able to see a link that gives you the functional equation for Epstein series....

EDIT: i have finally found the functional equation for Epstein Zeta function [tex]Zeta_{Q}(s)[/tex] in the form:

[tex]\pi^{-s}\Gamma(s)Z_{Q^{-1}}(s)=|Q|^{1/2}\pi^{s-n/2}\Gamma(n/2-s)Z_{Q}(n/2-s) [/tex] (1)

with |Q|=Det(Q), where for n=2 Q is the matrix of the quadratic form Q(x,y)=ax^2+by^2+cxy, with n=2 and Q=Q^{-1} then |Q|=1 for the cases n=2 and Q=Q^{-1}=R the functional equation (1) is exactly equal to Riemann functional equation for the function [tex]\zeta(s)[/tex] my question is if RH would hold also for this case of the Epstein function as for the case of the Riemann zeta function.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?