1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Equation Editor

1. Jun 28, 2003 #1
    Who knows of a good equation editor?

I have used the one that comes with MS Word, and I find it very convenient. Changes in my circumstances will take this editor out of my reach, so I need to find a new one. I found one that is called "Equation Illustrator V." It is clearly more cumbersome that the MS Word Equation editor.
    I would like the program to work indepently of other programs. It would be nice if it included drawing tools for diagrams and such. I don't mind paying a few dollars for a good editor, but of course I'd prefer a free one.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2003 #2

Dx

what changes take this out of your reach?

4. Jun 28, 2003 #3
    I'm going to school, moving away, buying a new computer. The new computer won't have MS Word. Rather than purchase MS word, I thought I could find a new editor. Besides, MS Word only writes equations. Drawing and labeling pictures is pretty good, but could be easier.

5. Jun 29, 2003 #4
    MS word is still pretty good.

6. Jun 29, 2003 #5
    maybe your new computer will come with something.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?