1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Equation Help

1. Dec 7, 2004 #1
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this:

I have a TI-83+ SE. I have gotten the formula for the path of a projectile without air-resistance. It is:

y= ((Voy)/(Vox))X)-(g/(2(Vox^2)X^2)))

Now, I have a question. How do I program it to make it graph the parabola that I am supposed to get, and how can I get it to find me undefined variables (I have a basic grasp of programming, though this is beyond my league).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 8, 2004 #2
    Or maybe a link to a website that has these?
  4. Dec 8, 2004 #3

Homework Helper

Honey, I think your problem is that most of us who use graphing calculators don't use TI. I use the HP-48 series, personally.

It's probably not much help, but I'd suggest that you (a) consult the manual and (b) talk to your classmates. Generally speaking, the best way to learn to program something is to try things out. You fail a lot, but even your failures teach you something, and you'll remember it longer and better.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?