Equation Numbering and References in Blog Entries: How to Use \label and \ref

• Thread starter birulami
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of equation numbering and references in blog entries using MathJax. While initially unsure if it was possible without the autonumber option, it was discovered through GitHub tickets that it could be done using \tag{}, \label{}, and \ref{}. This feature can be accessed by right-clicking on the equation.
birulami
Hi,

is there a way to use equation numbering and references with \label and \ref in blog entries?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, MathJax! This is why I was asking, because MathJax does it. But I could not figure out how to do it without the autonumber option of MathJax, which is not set here. Now I found out in the GitHub tickets of MathJax how to do it. Here is how it looks like in the blog entry. As always, right click on the equation to see how it is done with \tag{}, \label{} and \ref{}.

Oh, cool, did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

What is equation numbering in blogs?

Equation numbering in blogs refers to the practice of assigning a unique number to each equation or formula included in a blog post. This helps readers easily reference and follow along with the equations being discussed.

Why is equation numbering important in blogs?

Equation numbering is important in blogs because it allows for clear and organized presentation of mathematical or scientific concepts. It also helps readers easily locate and reference specific equations within a blog post.

How do I add equation numbering to my blog?

The process of adding equation numbering to a blog may vary depending on the blogging platform being used. However, most platforms have plugins or built-in features that allow for easy insertion of equation numbers. Alternatively, you can manually add numbers using HTML or LaTeX code.

Do I need to use a specific format for equation numbering in blogs?

There is no specific format that must be followed for equation numbering in blogs. However, it is important to be consistent throughout the blog post and to use a format that is easy for readers to understand and follow.

Are there any benefits to using equation numbering in blogs?

Yes, there are several benefits to using equation numbering in blogs. It helps to organize and clarify complex mathematical concepts, allows for easy referencing and cross-referencing of equations, and adds a professional and academic touch to the blog post.