Solve Vibratory Roller Displacement & Phase Lag w/Free PDF

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to determine the drum and frame displacement and phase lags of a vibratory roller without a balanced mechanism. The speaker suggests using simechanics software and researching "state space" to help with initial conditions. They also mention a potential approach with a Couchy problem.
reza_9216
Attached Pdf is a free boday diagram of a vibratory roller without of balance vibratory mechanism. I need to determine the drum displacement (Xd), frame displacement (Xf) and the phase lags (Teta f and Teta d). where do i need to start from and what softwares can i use?

Attachments

• drum free body diagram.pdf
    63.7 KB · Views: 224
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi, I would like to help you, but I don't understand your drawing. However the most simple software to model it, is simechanics.

serbring said:
Hi, I would like to help you, but I don't understand your drawing. However the most simple software to model it, is simechanics.

the problem i have is how to start the initial conditions..i know that the Xd and Xf and their velocities are zero, then the question is how put these into the equations to find the unknown variables!

research something called "state space". That should help you a lot.

reza_9216 said:
the problem i have is how to start the initial conditions..i know that the Xd and Xf and their velocities are zero, then the question is how put these into the equations to find the unknown variables!

with a Couchy problem.

1. What is a vibratory roller displacement and how does it affect the performance of the roller?

A vibratory roller displacement refers to the vertical movement of the roller's drum during operation. It is an important factor in determining the compaction efficiency and effectiveness of the roller. A larger displacement indicates a higher compaction force and better performance.

2. How does phase lag affect the displacement of a vibratory roller?

Phase lag refers to the delay between the vibration of the drum and the movement of the roller. It is a crucial factor in the performance of vibratory rollers as it affects the timing and intensity of the compaction forces. A lower phase lag results in a more efficient and effective compaction process.

3. What factors can influence the displacement and phase lag of a vibratory roller?

There are several factors that can impact the displacement and phase lag of a vibratory roller, including the frequency and amplitude of the vibration, the weight and size of the roller, the type of material being compacted, and the condition of the surface being compacted on.

4. Why is it important to accurately measure and control the displacement and phase lag of a vibratory roller?

Accurate measurement and control of the displacement and phase lag of a vibratory roller is crucial for achieving the desired level of compaction and ensuring the safety and stability of the roller. Improper displacement and phase lag can lead to uneven compaction, reduced efficiency, and potential hazards for the operator.

5. Where can I find a free PDF with information on solving vibratory roller displacement and phase lag?

There are various online resources that offer free PDFs with information on solving vibratory roller displacement and phase lag. Some reputable sources include engineering and construction websites, academic journals, and equipment manufacturers' websites. It is recommended to do thorough research and consult multiple sources to ensure accuracy and reliability of the information provided.