What equations should be on my physics shirt?

• Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of creating T-shirts or hoodies with equations and phrases related to physics. The equations mentioned include creation/annihilation operators, Maxwell's equations, SWE, and HUP. The conversation also touches on the importance of getting the equations and formatting correct before putting them into production.
houlahound
I would be up for buying a T or Hoodie with some key equations on them eg;

1. creation/annihilation operators

2. Maxwell's equations in differential form with the title something like "god said <equations> and there was light"

3. SWE

4. HUP

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not very witty but I was thinking the equation and some meme quality phrase to go with it.

really a tribal identification thing like how we used to find our own kind in a crowd by what band T-shirt they had on.

The photon creation operator is ##a^\dagger##, right?

##a^\dagger|0>=|1>##
A lightbulb moment.

Ibix said:
The photon creation operator is ##a^\dagger##, right?

##a^\dagger|0>=|1>##
A lightbulb moment.

How about this?
152_350x350_Front_Color-Black.png

Nice. But the dagger should be a superscript, I think. I'd double check the maths with someone who is current on QM before putting it into production, too. It's been about 20 years since I did anything in that field...

It has to be superscript. The state should use \rangle: ##\rangle##, not >. Also \mid, ##\mid##, not |

##a^\dagger \mid \! 0 \rangle = \mid \! 1 \rangle##

Likes Ibix

What is an "Equation PF Shirt"?

An "Equation PF Shirt" is a type of shirt that features a mathematical equation or formula printed on it. The equations are usually related to physics or other scientific fields.

What are some popular ideas for Equation PF Shirts?

Some popular ideas for Equation PF Shirts include the Schrodinger's equation, Einstein's mass-energy equivalence formula, and Newton's laws of motion.

How can Equation PF Shirts be beneficial for students?

Equation PF Shirts can be beneficial for students as they can serve as a fun and creative way to express their interest in science and mathematics. They can also serve as a helpful study tool, as wearing the equations can help students memorize and better understand them.

Are Equation PF Shirts only for scientists or can anyone wear them?

Equation PF Shirts can be worn by anyone, regardless of their profession or level of scientific knowledge. They can be a fun and unique addition to anyone's wardrobe, and can also be a conversation starter.

Where can I purchase Equation PF Shirts?

Equation PF Shirts can be purchased online from various retailers, as well as in some physical stores that specialize in science or novelty items. They can also be custom-made or printed at home using iron-on transfers or fabric markers.