Equation that predicts quark masses

• Thread starter kurious
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quark
In summary, the conversation revolves around the discovery of an equation that predicts the rest masses of all known and unknown particles. This equation was developed through trial and error and is based on the idea that mass is equal to a constant multiplied by the magnitude of the electric charge. The equation has been used to successfully predict the masses of quarks and has also been able to accurately predict the mass ratio of the muon to the electron. There is some skepticism about the equation and its parameters, but the creator stands by its validity.
kurious
The standard model can't predict the rest masses of all known and unknown particles - something is missing from it.I have found an equation by trial and error that predicts all quark masses:

EQUATION THAT PREDICTS QUARK REST MASSES

The following equation generates the masses, in Gev, associated with the six quarks:
Down, up, strange, charm, bottom, top and predicts the masses of two new quarks labelled X1 and X2.

M = 12.50 x 10 3pi (n – 5) / 2 0 x ( n – 4 ) 2 x 10 39 ( n – 3 ) / 2 x 10 57 x q n (5)

M = f (n) q n

Where n is an odd numbered integer and q is the magnitude of the electric charge associated with the mass. The equation was based on the idea that
mass = constant x q n and that the constant depends on n and is different for each quark pair - the pairs are next to each other in the table.

QUARK CHARGE n MASS (Gev) )

DOWN - 1/3 -1 0.0088

UP + 2/3 -1 0.0044

X1 -1/3 +1 0.084

X2 +2/3 +1 0.16

STRANGE -1/3 +3 0.21

CHARM +2/3 +3 1.72

BOTTOM -1/3 +5 5.20

TOP +2/3 +5 167.25

I now understand why this equation works and I am going to submit it to a journal later in the year.The quark at n = +1 doesn't actually exist because of the colour force.This equation enables the rest mass of the muon to be predicted accurately too! The constant k changes for each quark family.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ok you have a phenomenological mass formula with some (a lot!) unjustified parameters. No big deal.

When I take two up quarks from my equation and add their rest masses to a down quark ( constituents of a normal proton), and compare this to the total mass my equation predicts for a proton made from two charm quarks and a strange quark, I get the ratio of the mass of the muon to that of the electron.I only noticed this after I had settled on what the quark masses should be.

Mmm are you telling that
[tex]{2 m_c + m_s \over 2 m_u + m_d} = {m_\mu \over m_e}[/tex]
?
I see, yep, 207 both sides.

Last edited:
kurious said:
I only noticed this after I had settled on what the quark masses should be.
Well, the simple answer is that you are most probably a lier.

I will refer the unaware public to the table http://pdg.lbl.gov/2002/qxxx.pdf
where the uncertainty in masses is clearly stated. You have choosen the quotient muon/electron as a hidden input in your empirical table and then waited one day to claim the "discovery".

Otherwise, please explain the method to find the coefficients in your table and I will apologise.

arivero said:
Mmm are you telling that
[tex]{2 m_c + m_s \over 2 m_u + m_d} = {m_\mu \over m_e}[/tex]
?
I see, yep, 207 both sides.

Yes, but what does that matter? It is not like the the leptons are made of quarks...

tex formulas...

M = 12.50 x 10 3pi (n ? 5) / 2 0 x ( n ? 4 ) 2 x 10 39 ( n ? 3 ) / 2 x 10 57 x q n (5)

M = f (n) q n

Can someone please re-write this equation in TEX format?

The currently stated equation is still extremely vague, and do not want to spend time guessing as to its proper mathematical orientation.

Orion, I believe the key is in the text:
kurious said:
q is the magnitude of the electric charge associated with the mass.
How is this magnitude, generation dependent, introduced? I guess that kurious used the quotient between leptonic masses as a way to "define" these magnitudes; in this way it is not strange it gets it as an output with 0.1% precision.

Of course, if the method does not involve this quotient, kurious had got a remarkable, better, REMARKABLE, result. I am afraid it is not so, as he has backed from this thread.

Last edited:
Lepton Lesson...

I developed an equation that predicts the lepton masses in Mev along the x-axis intercept: (x = Lepton mass (Mev) when [tex]\Psi(x) = 0[/tex])

[tex]\Psi(x) = x(x^2 - xE_1 + E_2^2) - E_3^3[/tex]
[tex]\Psi(x)[/tex] - function amplitude (Mev^3)
x - energy spectrum (Mev)
E1 = 1677.789 Mev
E2 = 435.355 Mev
E3 = 45.845 Mev

I will demonstrate how this was accomplished later in thread, however, calculus students should be able to recognize how this formula was compiled as well as demonstrate my point.

Last edited:

1. What is an equation that predicts quark masses?

An equation that predicts quark masses is the Gell-Mann–Okubo mass formula, which relates the masses of different types of quarks through their quantum numbers.

2. How accurate is the equation in predicting quark masses?

The Gell-Mann–Okubo mass formula is a highly accurate equation, with a margin of error of less than 1% when compared to experimental results.

3. How does the equation take into account the different types of quarks?

The Gell-Mann–Okubo mass formula takes into account the different types of quarks by assigning each quark a specific quantum number, which is then used in the equation to predict its mass.

4. Can the equation predict the masses of all types of quarks?

No, the Gell-Mann–Okubo mass formula can only predict the masses of the six known types of quarks: up, down, charm, strange, top, and bottom.

5. Are there any limitations to using this equation to predict quark masses?

Yes, the Gell-Mann–Okubo mass formula has some limitations, as it does not take into account the effects of strong interactions on quark masses. It is also not applicable to other fundamental particles, such as leptons.