Can anyone provide simplified derivations for equations of kinematics?

• Thread starter rohannet
  • Start date
In summary, kinematics is the branch of physics that studies motion without considering forces, and it involves concepts such as displacement, distance, acceleration, and velocity. Displacement is a vector quantity that represents change in position, while distance is a scalar quantity that represents total length traveled. The key equation of kinematics is d = v0t + 1/2at^2, and acceleration can affect an object's motion by changing its speed and direction. Additionally, average velocity is the total displacement divided by the total time, while instantaneous velocity is the velocity at a specific moment in time.
rohannet
I AM CURRENTLY STUDYING IN CLASS XI AND I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CALCULUS.
SO CAN ANYBODY GIVE EASY DERIVATIONS OF EQUATIONS OF KINEMATICS
1)v=u+at
2)s=ut+1/2at2
3)v2-u
PHP:
=2as
4)Dn=u+a/2(2n-1)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Physics news on Phys.org
thank u for Ur effort
i know that its all in my textbook
but that too i don't understand.

1. What is the definition of kinematics?

Kinematics is the branch of physics that studies the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion.

2. How are displacement and distance related in kinematics?

Displacement is a vector quantity that represents the change in position of an object, while distance is a scalar quantity that represents the total length traveled. In kinematics, displacement and distance are related by the direction of motion. If an object moves in a straight line, displacement and distance will have the same magnitude. However, if an object moves in a curved path, displacement and distance will have different magnitudes.

3. What is a key equation of kinematics?

The key equation of kinematics is the equation of motion, which is given by d = v0t + 1/2at2, where d is displacement, v0 is initial velocity, t is time, and a is acceleration.

4. How does acceleration affect an object's motion?

Acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity. If an object has a positive acceleration, it is speeding up. If an object has a negative acceleration, it is slowing down. The magnitude and direction of an object's acceleration can also affect its motion. For example, if an object has a constant acceleration in the opposite direction of its motion, it will eventually come to a stop and then start moving in the opposite direction.

5. What is the difference between average and instantaneous velocity?

Average velocity is the total displacement divided by the total time. It gives an overall picture of an object's motion. Instantaneous velocity, on the other hand, is the velocity at a specific moment in time. It is calculated by taking the derivative of the position function with respect to time. In other words, it is the slope of the position-time graph at a specific point.