Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Equations to be solved in a FE solver!

1. Jul 16, 2013 #1
    Hello; I have a basic question from FEA theory.
    What are the basic equations solved during ..
    a. Linear Static Analysis
    b. Nonlinear analysis
    b. Dynamic Analysis
    c. Crash analysis
    d. CFD
    e. NVH

I also have a look at a wikipedia article about FEM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_element_method) but my question is what is the basic equation solved during NVH analysis?

As you know, in linear static analysis the basic equation is Kd=f; or for modal analysis we have M*ddot(x)+ K*x=0;

Thanks in advance.
    _

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2013 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You have asked for a pretty wide scope of information. It's like asking someone to list every equation used in physics in a blog post.

In some of the topics you list, there may be more than one equation or type of equation which is being solved.

The finite element method is a tool. If you want to know what equations apply to what topic (CFD, NVH, etc.), then study that particular subject in more detail.

4. Jul 16, 2013 #3
    Thanks for your reply. I followe your advice but could you introduce me some fundamental references?

5. Jul 19, 2013 #4
    You could take a look at the references at the end of the wikipedia article on the Finite Element Method. It should be a good starting point.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook