1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Equilibrium constant problem

1. Oct 25, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

H2+CO2=CO+H2O
    if 1.50 mol of each chemical species are placed in a 3.00l flask and allowed to achieve the equilibrium above, what mass of Co will be present at equilibrium?

2. Relevant equations

Keq= concentration of products each raised to the number of moles in equation/ concentration of reactants raised to the number of mols

3. The attempt at a solution
    I used the ice tables and substituted the variables then used the equilibrium constant equation to determine x

My answer came out to be 55 g but the answer on the worksheet said 13.0 g. I think the answer on the worksheet is wrong, because I double checked my answer and still didn't get it? Just wondering for a 2nd opinion from someone

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2013 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Sigh. What is the value of the constant?

4. Oct 25, 2013 #3
    The value of the constant is 3.59

5. Oct 25, 2013 #4
    Your answer seems right. With that equilibrium constant, you would expect to end up with more than 1.5 moles of CO, rather than less.

Chet

6. Oct 26, 2013 #5
    Ok thanks, I think the answer on the sheet is wrong

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted