How can I display milliseconds on my HD camcorder for outdoor video monitoring?

In summary, the conversation is about the lack of an Equipment category on the forum and the need for equipment in physics for monitoring, testing, calculating, etc. The person also mentions their purpose for visiting the site, which is to ask for suggestions on how to proceed with their endeavor of doing outdoors video monitoring and displaying the time in milliseconds. They mention the lack of information in the owner's manual and ask for suggestions from others on the forum.
mgookin
I'm surprised we don't have an Equipment category on PF. Much of working with Physics is equipment for monitoring, testing, calculating, etc. Then there's not just the equipment (hardware) but software, operation, source of supply, repair, calibration, rentals, etc. So let me throw that in the suggestion box if I may. On to the purpose of my visit to this fine site today...

I need to do outdoors video monitoring and display on the screen the time of day in the format hh:mm:ss:ms

There are $149 HD camcorders on Newegg but the owner's manuals don't say squat about this issue. I can't imagine anyone answering the phone in a call center is going to even know what a millisecond is.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can proceed with this endeavor?

Thanks in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org
mgookin said:
I'm surprised we don't have an Equipment category on PF. Much of working with Physics is equipment for monitoring, testing, calculating, etc. Then there's not just the equipment (hardware) but software, operation, source of supply, repair, calibration, rentals, etc. So let me throw that in the suggestion box if I may. On to the purpose of my visit to this fine site today...

We can't have every single "topic" under the sun on this forum. It would be impossible. We can only have a forum topic for something that comes up very often, and has consistently high number of participants. As of now, questions on device/detector physics are posted in either the General Physics forum, or if it related to a measurement in a particular existing areas of physics, it will be posted there.

Zz.

What is the best video equipment for beginners?

The best video equipment for beginners depends on your budget and specific needs. Some popular options include DSLR cameras, camcorders, and smartphones with high-quality cameras. It's important to do some research and read reviews to find the right equipment for you.

How do I choose the right video equipment for my project?

Choosing the right video equipment for your project involves considering factors such as the type of video you are creating, the level of quality you need, and your budget. It's also helpful to consult with experienced videographers or do some online research to get recommendations.

What equipment do I need for live streaming video?

For live streaming video, you will need a camera, microphone, and a reliable internet connection. You may also need additional equipment such as lighting and a capture card if you want to use multiple cameras. It's important to test your equipment and connection before going live to ensure a smooth broadcast.

How can I improve the audio quality of my videos?

To improve the audio quality of your videos, you can invest in a high-quality microphone, use a windscreen or pop filter to reduce background noise, and properly position the microphone. You can also edit the audio in post-production to adjust levels and remove any unwanted noise.

Do I need expensive equipment to make professional-looking videos?

No, you don't necessarily need expensive equipment to make professional-looking videos. With advancements in technology, there are many affordable options for cameras, microphones, and editing software that can produce high-quality videos. It's more important to have a good understanding of the equipment and techniques to create visually appealing videos.

Back