Equipment question (Video)

• Thread starter mgookin
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm surprised we don't have an Equipment category on PF. Much of working with Physics is equipment for monitoring, testing, calculating, etc. Then there's not just the equipment (hardware) but software, operation, source of supply, repair, calibration, rentals, etc. So let me throw that in the suggestion box if I may. On to the purpose of my visit to this fine site today...

I need to do outdoors video monitoring and display on the screen the time of day in the format hh:mm:ss:ms

There are $149 HD camcorders on Newegg but the owner's manuals don't say squat about this issue. I can't imagine anyone answering the phone in a call center is going to even know what a millisecond is.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can proceed with this endeavor?

Thanks in advance.

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I'm surprised we don't have an Equipment category on PF. Much of working with Physics is equipment for monitoring, testing, calculating, etc. Then there's not just the equipment (hardware) but software, operation, source of supply, repair, calibration, rentals, etc. So let me throw that in the suggestion box if I may. On to the purpose of my visit to this fine site today...
We can't have every single "topic" under the sun on this forum. It would be impossible. We can only have a forum topic for something that comes up very often, and has consistently high number of participants. As of now, questions on device/detector physics are posted in either the General Physics forum, or if it related to a measurement in a particular existing areas of physics, it will be posted there.

Zz.