Equivalent capacitance

In summary, the conversation is about solving two capacitors association exercises and the question of finding the equivalent capacitance on these systems. The expert suggests using a Y-Δ transformation for the first network to simplify the calculations. The images provided are links to the exercises.
hurz
I've made some capacitors association exercices and i got stuck on 2 of them.
Q1:
image.jpg

Q2:
image.jpg

How can i get the equivalent capacitance on this 2 capacitors systems?
Ty

Physics news on Phys.org
Your questions did not get uploaded. Please try again.

kuruman said:
Your questions did not get uploaded. Please try again.

try what?

hurz said:
try what?
Uploading your questions. I can't see what they are. It might be a good idea to type them in.

kuruman said:
Uploading your questions. I can't see what they are. It might be a good idea to type them in.

you mean that you can't see the images ?

hurz said:
you mean that you can't see the images ?
Yes. That's what I mean.

kuruman said:
Yes. That's what I mean.

I can see it here in the topic o_O
Try on these links
http://img01.imagecanon.com/full_view.php?view=28670_c4.jpg [Broken]
http://img01.imagecanon.com/full_view.php?view=28671_c5.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first network a Y-Δ transformation for the inner three capacitors will greatly simplify things. Treat the capacitors as impedances and apply the usual Y-Δ transform equations. Realize that for capacitance Z ~ 1/C.

What is equivalent capacitance?

Equivalent capacitance is the combined capacitance of two or more capacitors connected in a circuit. It is the effective capacitance that represents the total amount of charge that can be stored in the circuit.

How do you calculate equivalent capacitance?

The formula for calculating equivalent capacitance depends on how the capacitors are connected. For capacitors connected in series, equivalent capacitance is calculated by adding the reciprocals of each individual capacitance and taking the reciprocal of the sum. For capacitors connected in parallel, equivalent capacitance is simply the sum of all the individual capacitances.

Why is equivalent capacitance important?

Equivalent capacitance is important because it allows us to simplify complex circuits and make calculations easier. It also helps us understand the behavior of capacitors in a circuit and how they affect the flow of current.

What is the concept of equivalent capacitance used for?

The concept of equivalent capacitance is used in various electrical and electronic applications such as in designing circuits, calculating power consumption, and determining the time constant of a circuit.

How does temperature affect equivalent capacitance?

The capacitance of a capacitor is inversely proportional to temperature, meaning that as temperature increases, the capacitance decreases. Therefore, the equivalent capacitance of a circuit may change with temperature, but the change is usually small and can be neglected in most practical applications.