Equivalent capacitor circuits

I do not understand these two equations V[eq][/SUB] = V[in][/SUB] and R[eq][/SUB] = -(V[oc][/SUB] / I[oc][/SUB] )

Your help is much appreciated

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
I do not understand these two equations V[eq][/SUB] = V[in][/SUB] and R[eq][/SUB] = -(V[oc][/SUB] / I[oc][/SUB] )

Your help is much appreciated
Not sure what text method you are using but whatever it is, it is showing up for me as WAY too many characters.

Hmm, thats really strange that that happened, What it was suppose to say is that the equivalent voltage = voltage in, and equivalent resistance = -(voltage open circuit / Amperage open circuit)

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Hmm, thats really strange that that happened, What it was suppose to say is that the equivalent voltage = voltage in, and equivalent resistance = -(voltage open circuit / Amperage open circuit)
You'll still need to show a specific circuit for that to make any sense to me.

img87.gif

This is exactly what they had, which is what confused me, cause their was no defined output

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
img87.gif

This is exactly what they had, which is what confused me, cause their was no defined output
Well, I'm confused too. I can't see how the statements apply to that circuit.

Well, I'm confused too. I can't see how the statements apply to that circuit.
ok, imma then assume that the textbook just had an error, because they have alot of them. Thanks for your time

It's me again, check out introduction to circuit analysis from Boylestad and Nashelsky. Equivalent capacitor, inductor and resistor circuits are covered In that book in a very Clear way.

It's me again, check out introduction to circuit analysis from Boylestad and Nashelsky. Equivalent capacitor, inductor and resistor circuits are covered In that book in a very Clear way.
is their any way you can supply a link to a pdf of the book, or some sort of text, because I do not have much money at all, im living in the struggle right now.

With this link You can view it online
http://es.slideshare.net/mushfiqurrahman1428/introductory-circuit-analysis-39051662 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know if it doesn't load

Let me know if it doesn't load
It loaded, but are you sure this is a very good resource, have you read it yourself, because its a little over 100 pages on capacitors and inductors, which is a pretty large chunk of time, I just want to make sure

Puglife, are you learning on your own?

Puglife, are you learning on your own?
yea, that most of the reason I joined physics forums, cause I dont really have anyone else to ask.

Your aim is electrical engineering?

Thats what I would like to start out with, I will always be trying to learn more in life, and however long this takes me to learn ee, will allow me to gauge how long it will take me to learn more, like nuclear science, or programming.

Very Nice, well then, as you get further in your learning you can check out the other books from Boylestad, all of them refer to electronics, they are very well explained.

Thanks man