Er i don't get it? Help lol

• Thread starter puregoodboi
  • Start date
In summary, the distance between Earth and the Sun can be calculated by using the formula Delta d (average distance) = v (velocity) x delta t (average speed), where the velocity of light is 3.00 x 10^8 meters per second. Converting 8.3 minutes to 498 seconds and plugging it into the formula gives a result of 1.5 x 10^11 meters. This answer is correct, as the answer key's measurement of 2.5 m/s is a measure of velocity, not distance.
puregoodboi
ok so far i have

light from the sunr eaches Earth in 8.3 min.
The velocity of light is 3.00 x 10 to the eighth power m/s . How far is Earth from the sun

so far i have the formula Delta d ( avg distance) = v (velocity) x delta t(avg speed)

so far i converted 8.3 minutes = 8.3 x 60 = 498= 500 < -- do i use sig figs?

and my final equation became delta d = (3.00x10 to the eight power) x 500 = 1.5 x 10 to the eleventh power.. somehow i don't think its right.. because i looked at the answer key and it said 2.5 m/s please help me get the right steps

Physics news on Phys.org
The speed of light is [itex]3 \times 10^8[/itex] METERS per second.

Tide said:
The speed of light is [itex]3 \times 10^8[/itex] METERS per second.
yes and well? sorry lol

puregoodboi said:
ok so far i have

The velocity of light is 3.00 x 10 to the eighth power m/s . How far is Earth from the sun..

i don't think its right.. because i looked at the answer key and it said 2.5 m/s please help me get the right steps

why would the answer be in meters per second if you are trying to find distance? that doesn't make sense.

puregoodboi said:
You're introducing round off errors way too soon. Only round the very final answer.

I get the same answer as you though.

Maybe the answer is written down wrong, the closer the figures to c, and when not rounding 498, you get even less than 1.5. About, 1.443 or so

puregoodboi said:
ok so far i have

The velocity of light is 3.00 x 10 to the eighth power m/s . How far is Earth from the sun

so far i have the formula Delta d ( avg distance) = v (velocity) x delta t(avg speed)

and my final equation became delta d = (3.00x10 to the eight power) x 500 = 1.5 x 10 to the eleventh power.. somehow i don't think its right.. because i looked at the answer key and it said 2.5 m/s please help me get the right steps

Are you sure you looked at the right question in the answer key? Your answer is correct. The question asks for distance and 2.5 m/s is a measure of velocity, so the answer key can't be correct.

1. What does "Er i don't get it" mean?

"Er i don't get it" is a phrase that is commonly used to express confusion or lack of understanding about something.

2. Can you explain what this phrase means?

The phrase "Er i don't get it" is typically used to ask for clarification or further explanation about a particular topic or concept that the person does not understand.

3. Why do people use this phrase instead of just saying they don't understand?

Using the phrase "Er i don't get it" can be seen as less confrontational or confrontational than simply stating "I don't understand". It can also convey a sense of humor or lightheartedness in the face of confusion.

4. Is there a specific situation or context where this phrase is commonly used?

This phrase can be used in various situations, such as during a conversation, while reading or watching something, or when trying to solve a problem. It is a common expression when facing a difficulty in understanding something.

5. Is there a correct response to someone saying "Er i don't get it"?

If someone says "Er i don't get it", the best response would be to try to explain the concept or topic in a different way or ask the person what specifically they don't understand. This can help facilitate a better understanding and communication between both parties.