Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ERASMUS in Coimbra

1. Sep 28, 2010 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am currently learning physics in Paris, at the university of Paris 6, fundamental physics I should precise and it's my fourth year. I would like to pass my second semester in a foreign country, but still in Europe. I am currently looking to the university of Coimbra, their department of Physics seems nice. I getting really interested in this course: http://www.fis.uc.pt/gb/ensino/plf5_fnp.php [Broken] . Does anybody knows this university?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2010 #2

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Coimbra is the oldest university in Portugal. It used to serve as higher education for the portuguese colonies (Brazil) during one time period. I've never been there, but I've a couple of friends with degrees from Coimbra. I think they are well prepared.

4. Sep 29, 2010 #3
    Okay thank you for your answer ;)

5. Oct 1, 2010 #4
    I'm from portugal but i'm not on college yet. Anyways, from what i've heard, from friends and so, coimbra has a great academic spirit.

You can ask me some direct questions and i'll try to find out the answer for you.

6. Oct 1, 2010 #5

haushofer

Science Advisor

Coïmbra is very nice as a city, has nice student festivals (Queima das Fitas is great!), but the physics department didn't really impress me that much for what I can remember. But those memories are blurred by alcohol.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook