1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Errors in course

1. Jul 18, 2009 #1
    I believe there are a number of errors in my physics correspondence course and I plan to include a page listing them when I write my final exam, but I would first like to make sure they are errors and not due to my lack of understanding.

1) "The coulomb is defined as the amount of charge passing any point in a circuit when a current of one Ampere is flowing."

I believe this should be

"The coulomb is defined as the amount of charge passing any point in a circuit when a current of one Ampere is flowing for a period of second."

2) For single slit diffraction the equation listed for finding bright lines other than the central one is

(n+ 1/2λ)/w

I believe this should be

(n+1/2)λ/w

where n is the nth bright line λ; is the wavelength of the light and w is the slit width.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2009 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Your understanding is correct. The correspondence course is sloppy. Both of those statements are dimensionally wrong. The most fundamental sort of wrong.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook