Errors with my c compiler,Help

• Thread starter kthouz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Errors
In summary, The conversation is about a problem with a program written in C using the Turbo C++ compiler. The error that appears on the screen is related to floating point support not being linked, and it is suggested that this may be due to the use of Vista Premium. The solution to the problem would be to ensure that the necessary floating point library is linked in to the program.
kthouz
Am writting programs in c that contain double matrices.
When i run it and input data, an error appears on the screen
scanf: floating point format not linked
Abnormal program termination
Is this a problem about my system? I guess. Actually i am using vista premium.
What can i do to solve the problem?

Technology news on Phys.org
It's telling you that you haven't got floating point support (presumably a library) linked in... i.e. visible to the linker.

Which compiler is it?

zeitghost said:
It's telling you that you haven't got floating point support (presumably a library) linked in... i.e. visible to the linker.

Which compiler is it?

It is Turbo C

1. Why am I getting syntax errors when compiling my code?

There are several possible reasons for syntax errors when compiling with a C compiler. Some common reasons include missing semicolons, mismatched parentheses or brackets, and misspelled keywords. Make sure to carefully check your code for any errors and refer to the compiler's error messages for specific details.

2. How can I fix linker errors when compiling my code?

Linker errors occur when the compiler cannot find the necessary libraries or dependencies to compile your code. Make sure to include all necessary header files and libraries in your code and double check that they are correctly linked in the compiler settings.

3. Why is my code not running correctly after compiling without any errors?

This could be due to logical errors in your code, such as incorrect algorithms or variable assignments. Use debugging techniques to identify and fix these errors, or try running your code on a different compiler or platform to see if the issue persists.

4. How can I optimize my code for faster compilation?

There are several ways to improve the speed of compilation, such as using precompiled headers, minimizing header file includes, and using compiler optimizations. Additionally, make sure to only compile the necessary files and avoid unnecessary recompilations.

5. Where can I find resources for troubleshooting C compiler errors?

There are many online resources available for troubleshooting C compiler errors, such as forums, documentation, and tutorials. You can also refer to the official documentation for your specific compiler for detailed information on error messages and troubleshooting tips.