Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ESC-101 Introduction to ELectronics

1. Mar 15, 2005 #1
    Just started studying course of ESC-101 Introduction to ELectronics....but did not do well in first mid semester...any suggestions on how to improve in Electronics
    Most Welcome
    Thx

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2005 #2
    To improve, the best way is to brush up your basics by having more practice on solving circuits problems.
    1. Kirchoff's Law is a must to know
    2. Source conversion techniques
    3. Thevenin theorem application for simplifying complex systems
    4. The I/V charactersitics of passive elements such as resistors, inductors
    and capacotors.
    5. Superposition application in linear system (circuit)
    6. Knowledge on amplifiers such as op amp design and BJT/FET amplifier
    design

4. Mar 15, 2005 #3
    the above 4-5 topics are clear to me but what really created a problem for me is op-amp and tranisistors and i am not able to grasp them well..

5. Mar 16, 2005 #4
    I recommend Sedra book on Microelectronics Circuits 4th/5th Edition
    This book has a comprehensive explanation on the basic and intermediate concepts on amplifier design like op amps, feedback control on op amps, and BJT amplifiers.

Read books to deepen your understanding as well as practice on those problems to gain further insight on how to solve amplifier problems and design amplifier circuits.

:smile:

6. Mar 3, 2007 #5
    if u people have the solution manual of microelectronics of sedra smith 5th edition then plz email me at friendgee4s@yahoo.com...i need this badly...i have to solve the problems ...n these r very difficult....plz if any body have then plz send me....
    waiting 4 reply

7. Mar 3, 2007 #6
    I'm recommending Electronic Design by Carpenter and Roden, the best book in electronics ever. This book has a different approach then Sedra's book. Starting with theory of operation moving towards a MASSIVE amount of real-life design problems/solutions where solutions are supported by complete theory description.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?