Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ESD floor mat and foot rest

  1. Mar 23, 2017 #1
    May i know a mat put on the ESD floor is called floor mat or foot rest? There is one understanding that the floor mat is used to put on non-ESD floor. Is this correct?

  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2017 #2
    It would be a floor mat, or better, and ESD mat.
    ESD mats are usually a couple of square meters in size and intended to be placed in front of a desk with the chair on top of it.
    When a large room requires ESD protection, the floor is built and treated to provide ESD protection - and users are often required to wear attachments to their shoes to provide a circuit path to the floor.
  4. Mar 24, 2017 #3
    Thanks for your input.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted