ESD Roller Conveyors: 250kg Payload Solutions

• Thread starter MITranger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Roller
In summary, the conversation is about the existence of ESD "proof" metal roller conveyors and the concern about static generated by the rollers. The person is looking for recommendations and considering options other than belt, chain, and pallet systems due to a heavy payload. It is suggested to talk to roller manufacturers about ESD safe configurations.
MITranger
Do they exist? Looking for any recommendations on ESD "proof" metal roller conveyors. Not sure if the static generated by the rollers can be dissipated with grounding straps, etc. I have a massive payload (250kg), so I'd rather steer clear from belt, chain, and pallet systems.

Engineering news on Phys.org
MITranger said:
Do they exist? Looking for any recommendations on ESD "proof" metal roller conveyors. Not sure if the static generated by the rollers can be dissipated with grounding straps, etc. I have a massive payload (250kg), so I'd rather steer clear from belt, chain, and pallet systems.

I'm pretty sure they exist. You see rollers used all around electronics production lines in ESD safe areas. Have you talked to any roller manufacturers and asked about ESD safe configurations?

What is an ESD roller conveyor?

An ESD roller conveyor is a type of conveyor system that is designed to safely transport electronic devices or components that are sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). It uses a series of rollers to move items along a designated path, while also providing protection against ESD.

What is the maximum payload capacity of an ESD roller conveyor?

The maximum payload capacity of an ESD roller conveyor is 250kg. This means that it can safely transport items weighing up to 250kg without causing damage to the electronic components due to excessive weight.

How does an ESD roller conveyor prevent electrostatic discharge?

An ESD roller conveyor is designed with special materials and components that are conductive, meaning they can effectively dissipate static electricity. The rollers and other parts of the conveyor are connected to a grounding system, which allows any built-up static charge to be safely discharged.

What types of industries or applications use ESD roller conveyors?

ESD roller conveyors are commonly used in industries that handle sensitive electronic components, such as semiconductor manufacturing, electronics assembly, and medical equipment production. They are also used in cleanroom environments where electrostatic discharge can be a major concern.

Are there any additional safety features on ESD roller conveyors?

Yes, most ESD roller conveyors come equipped with safety features such as emergency stop buttons, safety sensors, and interlocking systems to prevent accidents or damage to the items being transported. Some models also have adjustable speed controls to ensure safe and efficient movement of items.