1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Essay topic,need adivce!

1. Dec 28, 2008 #1
    Hi all,

I was wondering if you would have to write an essay on the following topic:

In not more than 500 words, please describe below how your interests and achievements, both academic and extra-curricular, demonstrate a capacity for leadership, commitment to using your knowledge to serve your community and to applying your talents to improve the lives of others.

What would you focus more on?

That is i am wondering, what would be a good strategy to go about writting this essay, what would matter more?

Thanx a lot!
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2008 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Looks like an admissions essay.

Well, you could start by making a list of everything that applies. Another thing that I found helpful when I was writing my admissions essay was to talk to family and close friends. They saw many things that I had done in a different perspective than I did (things I hadn't considered, they felt were entirely applicable), and they even reminded me of some volunteer work I had forgotten about!
  4. Dec 29, 2008 #3
    well, what i am wondering is whether one should mainly focus on describing his experiences, or rather on what and how is he expected to use his knowledge for the betterment of the comunity and others in general?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?