Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ethics in health care

1. Jan 17, 2007 #1
    I don't think we should try to reverse aging. Elderly dying of old age isn't quite as awful as babies dying of young age.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2007 #2
    I saw a headline about cancer deaths decreasing in the US or something and was actually thinking about that. I gave a few seconds of thought to what medicine is trying to do when they try to eliminate diseases, reverse aging, make people live longer, save lives, etc... It's all great but I think there has to be a limit to it. I think that limit will be set by nature, but I don't think we will ever come close to reaching it. So, no I don't think we should stop trying to reverse aging or find cures for diseases or put any obstacles in the medical community's way when they try to do any of that stuff.

4. Jan 18, 2007 #3
    O.....kay........? :rolleyes:

5. Jan 18, 2007 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What about advocating working out 6-7 days a week? Would you consider that good or bad? That would obviously extend the life span significantly. And what is your point about babies dying? Should I do something with this thread?

6. Jan 18, 2007 #5
    "reverse aging"

"die of young age"

A very silly joke which no one understood.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  7. Jan 18, 2007 #6
    HAHAHA!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?