European Constitution

Do you agree with the new European Constitution?

1. Yes, and I am going to vote yes for the Constitution. Viva Europe!

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No, I don't agree with this Constitution. I'lll wait for one better and then I'll vote yes.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. No, I am not identified with the concept of Europe united.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. It doesn't matter to me. An united Europe is useless and I have more important things to think of.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Clausius2

Clausius2 1,479
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We may as well having our proper referendum here. Just to know what do we think about this stuff, and seeing if Europe is as united as it seems.

2. jcsd
  3. I vote yes. It will give a major sense of unity, and will contribute to the making of Europe as a superpower, able to compete with the USA, Japan, Russia China and the rest of the "players"

4. loseyourname

loseyourname 3,632
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Could you provide a link so us non-Europeans can get some idea of what the content of this constitution is?

5. Yeah, it took me a while before i had any idea what you actually meant.

6. http://www.unizar.es/euroconstitucion/Home.htm

I'm from a region (Catalonia) where nationalist parties are against the Constitution, because it's against Catalonia interests, but i don't care about that. I feel european above catalan

7. Clausius2

Clausius2 1,479
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My vote: Although I think our country, Spain, has been diminished and pushed down in this Constitution by means of the French and German virtual superiority, in spite I think that Niza settlement was better for us, in spite our president Zapatero defends the positive vote, I'm going to vote yes because I want to be proud of being European, and because we spaniards are doing the ridiculous by means of a horrible external politics enhanced by a stupid president and maybe being under the European flag all that could be buried.

8. VIVA EUROPA,

though France and Germany will always be the boss...that is just the truth and it does not disturbe me

marlon

9. Clausius2

Clausius2 1,479
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least Belgium was aside France and Germany against USA about Iraq's War. Maybe now your prime minister will play the cards with Chirac or Schröeder, while Zapatero and Spain sweeps the floor of their bathrooms. :rofl:

10. PerennialII

PerennialII 1,102
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Viva Europa from the north !

11. Clausius2

Clausius2 1,479
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, I forgot to say that is another reason for voting Yes, just because that mad people say NO.

And thanks for defining Catalonia as a "region", because lately some people like those you posted are prone to call everything as a "nation". :wink:

12. arildno

arildno 12,015
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What do I care?
    I'm Norwegian, so we're not part in EU anyways, we're only subject to their legislation with no influence upon it..:grumpy:

13. Belgium is all for Europe. Our prime minister (Verhofstad) was close to become president of the European comission but it turned out to be Barosso...

marlon

14. Chronos

Chronos 10,057
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

French leadership? Last I heard they were thinking about surrendering to North Korea.

15. Clausius2

Clausius2 1,479
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You, norwegians, always live on your own, you seem a bit selfish, don't you?. You wish you never get into a war with some another country, because then, where do will be Europe? :wink: Whatever will be, will be......

Surprisingly, every European country tries to copy the way of life of countries like Norway or Sweden, our governments think you are more advanced in social stuffs. But they don't understand that an spanish /italian / french/ has roughly nothing in common with a norwegian. The day we, spaniards, will give up to look to you maybe we will advance a bit. But copying your "advanced" social measures so rapidly, will not benefit us at all.

16. dextercioby

dextercioby 12,314
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

North Korea...? :surprised Wasn't it Vietnam...? :uhh:

Daniel.

17. And, we can't also forget that France stinks

*meteor runs and hide*

PS=It's a joke, I don't want any kind of attack from my close neighbors

18. :rofl: :rofl: This is an American site, right ??? Them Americans almost had a French looking president... :rofl:

marlon, who lives just above France, so pity me... :tongue2:

19. Clausius2

Clausius2 1,479
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

France is one of the true foundators of Europe. Despites their economics has not got a good health, their diplomatic power is outstanding.

"Once upon a time" when Aznar was in our government, France made the impossible to get rid of him, because they knew Spain was having an apparent increasing economic power. Now, Chirac has bought a new dog, one called Zapatero, and he is the best pet of his owner. :biggrin:

20. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're not alone.

There a huge campaign going on all over Europe (especially in France, Spain and Germany) trying to educate the people about the proposed constitution, but a large majority of those polled (in the EU) yesterday (I think) still had no idea.

I believe most of Spain, however, is for the Unified Constitution.

21. Sure? I can't fathom who are you speaking about. Kerry?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?