1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

European Uni's

  1. Nov 21, 2005 #1
    So, i'm a US student. i'm in my second year at uni. I was thinking about transfering maybe to a school in europe. Here in the US we have sites like collegboard.com or princetonreview.com where you can search criteria and it'll show you all the schools that match your preferences. is there anything like that for other countries? what countries would be easiest to transfer to? which one's would give the best education? ie which would give a degree equiv to an american degree. i'm studying astrophys and math if that makes a difference. so just any info or advice would be helpful. thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2005 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

    Is there any particular country in Europe that you're looking into?
  4. Nov 21, 2005 #3


    User Avatar

    If you wanted to go to a UK uni you would have to apply through UCAS:http://www.ucas.com" [Broken]
    In the course search section go to "subject search" then look for mathematics or physics (or both).There is info on there like entry requirements, links to the departments website, etc.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  5. Nov 21, 2005 #4
    i was thinking england or spain. spain cause i know some spanish and would like to learn more. i'd like to learn a new language somewhere, but i dunno. i don't really know which countries to even start looking at. which are easier to go to as an american already half through their degree? or is it impractical and i should just wait?
  6. Nov 22, 2005 #5
    I would not recommend Belgium. The level of undergraduate programs is so different here from the States that you'll have difficulty adjusting. Some for France and Germany. The UK seems to be your best bet.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Threads for European Uni's Date
Programs Cosmology and quantum mechanics as a joint degree? Feb 21, 2018
Programs European Cosmology groups for PhD Nov 30, 2017
Admissions European PhD programs aplication and admussion advice Nov 15, 2017
Admissions European PhD with UK Mphys Oct 7, 2017
Admissions Applying for a European PhD position with a UK MPhys degree Jan 24, 2017