Evababi Outpost Tavern: Last Call Forever

• Thread starter D H
  • Start date
In summary, the Outpost Tavern, a popular bar among astronauts, was facing closure in 2000 due to economic reasons but was later rescued. However, in 2009, it was announced that the bar will be closing for good due to the increasing value of the land it sits on. A relocation may be necessary in the future.
Physics news on Phys.org

I don't get it?

You remember all those space movies where the astronauts go to some dingy astronaut bar?

This is *the* astronaut bar.

Yes, I understand.

The "closing forever" part is what I don't get. The NYT article says it's been rescued (new grill and all) instead of being forced to close down.

Enlighten me! :smile:

The NYT article is from 2000, when economics was going to force the bar to close.

The road that fronts the bar has changed over the years from a two lane Farm to Market road to a seven lane thoroughfare. The land on which the bar is located has also changed hands multiple times. The writing is on the wall; that land is now worth far more than a dingy bar could ever come up with in rent.

Ahh. A more recent article: http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-120209a.html

Aah, now it makes sense. I was looking at the wrong line (Friday, December 4, 2009 :redface:) and was under the impression the article was fairly recent.

It's a shame, but the writing was on the wall even back then.
Everyone realizes that the future remains uncertain for the Outpost. It sits on a very expensive piece of real estate in a rapidly developing commercial corridor.

Maybe a relocation is in order...

1. What is the premise of "Evababi Outpost Tavern: Last Call Forever"?

"Evababi Outpost Tavern: Last Call Forever" is a science fiction game that takes place in a remote outpost tavern on a distant planet. Players must navigate through challenges and make decisions that will determine the fate of the outpost and its inhabitants.

2. What makes this game unique compared to other science fiction games?

This game stands out for its immersive storyline and the player's ability to shape the outcome of the game through their choices. It also features stunning graphics and a diverse cast of characters.

3. How does the gameplay work?

Players will interact with the environment and characters by making choices that will affect the outcome of the game. They will also have to solve puzzles and complete challenges to progress in the game.

4. Is this game suitable for all ages?

"Evababi Outpost Tavern: Last Call Forever" is recommended for players aged 13 and up due to its mature themes and challenging gameplay.

5. Can this game be played on all devices?

This game is currently only available on PC and gaming consoles. However, there are plans to release a mobile version in the future.