Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Evaluate my brand new program! satelite motion around earth!

1. nice one

1 vote(s)
  2. useless!

0 vote(s)
  1. Jun 7, 2004 #1
    evaluate my brand new program! :) satelite motion around earth!

finally I managed to create a working version of my prog :)

with the help of my friend, and physics teacher (he corrected couple of -/+ :)) I created the very first, user friendly prog...

that's beta release and it still needs a lot of work, but still check this out! :)

and yeh, can anyone tell me why those orbits don't match? I mean that slight difference? strange I guess... :eek:

(and yes, please use recommended values :devil: )

for deriving my algorithm, I used Newton's II law...

you can download program from here: http://sandro-dz.com/satmotion.zip

btw. www.sandro-dz.com is my homepage :)
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2004 #2
    Well I downloaded it and had a look and nothing worked....

I put in the values suggested (why not have them as a default setting?), but nothing happened... What is the top Delta value box for? I couldn't type anything in there.

I have no idea why it didn't work... Was I supposed to 'do' something else?
  4. Jun 15, 2004 #3
    delta T is the second field, if u do not enter that number it will not work! use the second field, bellow!
  5. Jun 15, 2004 #4
    i pressed go, the sattelite started moving then pressed go again and it stoped (but I mean really stopped, i had to restart the program to run again)

I think you should do as Adrian said and put those values as default

I didn't vote in the poll, because theare are too few options... :wink:
  6. Jun 15, 2004 #5
    and donwload the newer version...I updated couple of things! http://sandro-dz.com/satmotion2.zip

:yuck: :yuck:
    ::Delta T 0.09, velocity 30 and mass 150, this are the best values for maintaining thie real kind orbit!::

:approve: :approve:

and also check this pics, here are the strange orbits! :surprise:

Attached Files:

7. Jun 15, 2004 #6
    I think I need a refresh button :)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?