Evalute the value of extension

In summary, the conversation is discussing an experiment with a spring balance to measure the relationship between weight and extension. The values obtained show a positive relationship between the two and the formula F = kx was used to calculate the constant k. However, there is confusion about the values obtained and the purpose of the experiment.
r-soy
22.JPG

attachment.php?attachmentid=29179&stc=1&d=1287489118.jpg

evaluate the value of extension ( x) which elongate under the action of load (w) of 6 N ? [Use your results obtained from rest 1 ]

please help me How i can solve this question because I don't understand it clearly

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
plese I want your help

any one here ??

What is the question? What do the three columns on the right mean? Why do you have the same values for Increasing and Decreasing?

beacuse when we mesure we got same value to Increasing and Decreasing

I can see that, but I have no idea what you're trying to do here. What do Increasing and Decreasing mean in your table?

this experiment of Speing balance

when we increasind ( Load ) the space we are got in decreasing is same .

we start by 0.1 N then 0.2 then >>>> to 0.5

where are you ?

OK, for the first row in your table, you have Load = .1 N. Did the spring length change (increase) by 29 mm? If the spring got longer, it can't have also gotten shorter, so I don't understand the purpose of the Decreasing column or the Average column.

Look Dear

Experience as follows :

First, we put Spring on the board and a paper under spring to measure the distances between each point from the beginning to the end point of extension for each weight

Then we increased laod to ( 0.2 n ) the measurement was between the starting point until end point of extension is 51 mm (( same steps for all load ))

Then we've decrease the weights ( Every time one ) from end ( 0.5 ) to (0,1 ) we got same measurements

then We calculated the average by calculat increases and decreases and divide by 2

For information, there is a Positive relationship between weight and extension
plese help me

Last edited:
Dr. Mark44 where are you ?

It looks to me like the spring will extend about 27 mm per .1 N, or about 2.7 cm per N. How much will the spring extend with a weight of 6.0 N?

Is this ok help me

k = mg/x

0..04/1 = 6 / X

x = 6.6X10^-6 cm

plese help me

r-soy said:
Is this ok help me

k = mg/x

0..04/1 = 6 / X
Where did the equation above come from, particularly "0..04/1"?
r-soy said:
x = 6.6X10^-6 cm
No, this is way off.

x = w/k

but from where we got the value of k ?

You have the force (mg - Newtons), and you have the displacement ([itex]\Delta x[/itex]).

x = w/k =
6/k from where we got the value of k ? here we try to find x

The purpose of your experiment was to measure values of F (the weight) and x.

plese i can't understand help me

plese help me

The formula is F = kx.
The table you made has measured values of F and x, so solve for k in the equation F = kx.

What is the purpose of evaluating the value of extension?

Evaluating the value of extension allows scientists to determine the effectiveness and impact of their research projects. It helps to identify which extension activities are successful and which ones need improvement.

How do scientists measure the value of extension?

Scientists use a variety of methods to measure the value of extension, including surveys, interviews, focus groups, and data analysis. These methods allow them to collect both quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate the outcomes and impact of their extension activities.

What are some factors that can affect the value of extension?

Some factors that can affect the value of extension include the target audience, the type of extension activities, the resources available, and the timing of the extension. It is important to consider these factors when evaluating the value of extension to ensure accurate and meaningful results.

How can the results of extension evaluation be used?

The results of extension evaluation can be used to inform decision-making, improve future extension activities, and demonstrate the value of extension to stakeholders. They can also help scientists to identify areas for further research and collaboration.

What are some challenges in evaluating the value of extension?

Some challenges in evaluating the value of extension include limited resources, difficulty in measuring qualitative outcomes, and the time and effort required for data collection and analysis. It is important to address these challenges to ensure accurate and meaningful evaluation results.