Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water

• Thread starter EL
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Water
In summary, this man walked into the water to faith that he could not drown, but he did not survive. Religion can be a very strong force in people's lives, and it is sad to see that someone could be so desperate to believe in something that could not save them.
EL
Science Advisor
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51760

Guess he hadn't enough faith after all.

Physics news on Phys.org
EL said:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51760

Guess he hadn't enough faith after all.

I think it's funny, but feel bad at the same time because someone had to learn the hard way and die.

He walked into the water, which soon passed over his head...
I would have been slightly suspicious here...

EL said:
I would have been slightly suspicious here...

Me too.

It's amazing how deep people are into religion.

Very sad that someone would do this. :frown:

On the other hand - he probably gets the Darwin Award for 2006. :rolleyes: :uhh:

This is not a reliable news source. For a long time they reported on the alien base located at the bottom of the ocean - a fact according to this news source.

Sad to hear of someone dying but when you see the manner in which they have the mind boggles at how people can have such strong faith in something that is clearly impossible (unless you freeze the water first or run very fast).

Ivan Seeking said:
This is not a reliable news source. For a long time they reported on the alien base located at the bottom of the ocean - a fact according to this news source.
or Mermaids.

Astronuc said:
or Mermaids.

Which makes one wonder if ET abducts mermaids. :rolleyes:

Question. Do ETs get abducted by other ETs? :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Question. Do ETs get abducted by other ETs? :biggrin:
Only if they can figure out where the probe goes...

I have my doubts this is real.

I would be very amazed at the discipline and/or faith needed to keep walking and fight off basic survival instincts.

Ivan Seeking said:

You ruined all the fun now. :frown:

Thanks for letting me know now. You never know when people will back up their silly arguments with that website.

Ivan Seeking said:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Weekly World News (supermarket tabloid)?
WorldNetDaily is just a conservative leaning news organization.

-GeoMike-

I'm pretty sure I'd realize I wasn't actually walking on water when my armpits got wet. Or maybe he thought he was walking down stairs on water.

tribdog said:
I'm pretty sure I'd realize I wasn't actually walking on water when my armpits got wet.

Maybe he has very sweaty armpits and couldn't tell the difference.

GeoMike said:
Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Weekly World News (supermarket tabloid)?

-GeoMike-
Can you find a single other source reporting this news?

GeoMike said:

-GeoMike-
"Leaning"? This source is pegged to the right wall.

and that wall is leaning so much it's a floor

GeoMike said:

-GeoMike-

Uh oh, maybe... but the part about walking into the water while drowning sounds like nonsense.

Extreme right; tabloid; is there a difference? :biggrin:

and the floor is the biggest shelf in the house. :biggrin:

There don't appear to be any actual news sources for the story. Glad to see that most of the tabloids like Free Republic that is often cited in P&WA carried the story. :rolleyes:

tribdog said:
I'm pretty sure I'd realize I wasn't actually walking on water when my armpits got wet. Or maybe he thought he was walking down stairs on water.

I think I would have caught on about 2.5 ft before that! Not clear how and why he didn't bob up. Unless you are wearing lead shoes people just don't sink that easy. Sounds suspicious to me.

1. How did the evangelist try to walk on water?

The evangelist likely attempted to replicate the biblical miracle of Jesus walking on water by stepping out onto a body of water.

2. Was the evangelist successful in walking on water?

No, unfortunately the evangelist drowned in their attempt to walk on water.

3. Why did the evangelist believe they could walk on water?

The evangelist may have interpreted the biblical miracle as a sign of faith and believed that they too could perform the miracle.

4. Could the evangelist have prepared differently to avoid drowning?

It is possible that with proper training and equipment, the evangelist could have safely attempted to walk on water. However, it is not recommended to attempt this feat without proper precautions and training.

5. What can we learn from this tragic event?

This event serves as a reminder to always approach miracles and extreme feats with caution and to prioritize safety above attempting to replicate biblical events.