What is the physics behind evaporating water from milk in the dairy industry?

• Thread starter Hughorourke
  • Start date
In summary, evaporating water from milk in the dairy industry is a crucial process that involves the principles of thermodynamics and heat transfer. The milk is heated in a specialized evaporator, causing the water to evaporate and leave behind a concentrated milk solution. This process increases the shelf life of the milk and allows for the production of various dairy products such as condensed milk, powdered milk, and cheese. The evaporating water also carries away impurities and bacteria, making the milk safer for consumption. This process requires precise control and monitoring to ensure efficiency and quality of the final product.
Hughorourke
Dairy Industry business consultant. I need to understand the physics of milk processing, particularly energy consumption in evaporation of water from milk.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can offer some guidance based on my work experience. I also need help to become proficient in using conversion factors of MJ to KW and similar terms as specification of driers and product behavior frequently use these.

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Questions go in the other forums here. Please start new threads there. Thanks. :smile:

Likes Wrichik Basu