Events and Realities

Antonio,

So, essentially, there are an equal number of unique directions and unique perspectives (temporal intersect)? The Universe will look different to each unique thing.

How valid is any theory that tries to explain creation from one unique perspective? How can Human Beings do it any other way?

Hard philosophical questions.

LPF

8LPF16,

First of all, I need to clarfy that at the temporal intersect, there is no direction, no degree of freedom, no motion, no force. The formal name is the existence of a scalar field. Two examples of scalar field are temperature and density.

Nobody can detect a scalar field directly. Scalar fields are detected by knowing the difference between neighborhood scalar fields. If I have two glasses of water, and I want to find the temperature in each glass, I can used a thermometer and dip it in the glass to find the temperature. But the thermometer itself is also a system with its own temperature and the mercury level in the thermometer is precalibrated to some other system like ice-water at 0 degree Celsius to boiling water at 100 deg Celsius. We always have to start with an assumed value of a system before we can measure other system by comparison. We cannot add two measured temperatures, the result make no sense for any existence system. But we can subtract temeperatures, just to know the difference. But one of these temperature is an assumed arbitrary value. We can assume this value to be any value that is convenient to the experiment. The formal mathematical method of doing this subtracting is called "Lagrangian' and also by the name of gauge symmetry.

The other method of quantitative measure is called the Hamiltonian. In a Hamiltonian system, we can measure by addition. The traditonal acceptance is that energy is an example of a Hamiltonian system, since we can add two values of energy together. By tradition, mass is also Hamiltonian, since we can add values of mass. Forces can also be added. Our present understanding is that energy and mass are both scalar quantities from classical physics and therefore Lagrangian but energy and mass are tensor quantities in Einstein's general relativity and can be Hamiltonian. These are not yet resolved.

Anything that can be measured by addition of its values is a vector field.

Summary of measurement principles:

1. Lagrangian is measure by subtraction. One system must assumed arbitrary starting value by calibrations. Calibrations can be done lower or higher hence a gauge symmetry exist because it does not matter what the starting value is, the difference will always be the same. Scalar field.

2. Hamiltonian is measure by addition. There must exist a lowest value called the quantum of the system. Vector field.

Antonio

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
one_raven said:
Quantum theory, in my opinon, fits perfectly in this.
They took a basic precept (wave/particle duality) and built an entire field upon it.
The problem, I think, is that the basic precept was formed as a result of experiments (most notably M&M and two-slit) that weilded results that were not only inconclusive but they seem to suggest other than the accepted conclusions.
The central tenet of QT is that energy and mass are discretely quantized, a realization that arose from spectral analysis of energy levels in the hydrogen atom.