Why is my house falling apart today?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I hope.In summary, the speaker has experienced a series of unfortunate events, including a stopped water connection to their refrigerator, a clogged toilet, a collapsed shelf, and a malfunctioning dryer. They suspect that the hose in their dryer may be causing the issue and have added it to their list of tasks for a handyman. They also mention plans to replace their cabinets in the future due to their poor quality. The conversation also includes suggestions to call the building manager and to clean the dryer hose.

oh he's also that guy from The Exorcist

Physics news on Phys.org

Moonbear said:
The only thing I can't figure out, though, is how did you get a pantry shelf to fall on your back? Were you climbing inside the pantry or something? :confused:
It's a narrow deep pantry. I keep all of the heavy lids for all of my pots (there are a lot) in the bottom. Of course while I was trying to reach a lid in the very back, just at that instant the cheap fiberboard holding the bracket up decided to give, the shelf bracket fell out of the hole and the entire shelf came crashing down on my back.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time was because they had tiny plastic shelf brackets that were designed to hold up a nick nack shelf and the bracket broke. I looked at the rest of the sheves in the kitchen and noticed they were all about to snap, so I went out and paid a couple of bucks for heavy duty metal shelf brackets. These shelves are supposed to hold dishes and food. Unbelievable that they would cut corners on something so inexpensive.

Evo, sorry to hear that you had so many troubles. I had "one of those days" on New Year's Day when our furnace fan and microwave both died.

Be glad that you still have your heat. We didn't get a repairman until that Sunday. When he did come, he didn't have the necessary motor and had to wait for the warehouse to open on Monday. It was a cold four days.

However bad your day went, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

At least you didn't post a thread titled, "Colorectal surgery - not as bad as you think". All things are relative and things have to be really bad to post a thread like that.

did your problems get resolved?

rewebster said:
did your problems get resolved?
Yes, thanks.

what was crackling? the metal lining of the hose?

and the water/ice maker? replaced?

rewebster said:
what was crackling? the metal lining of the hose?

and the water/ice maker? replaced?
Oh rats, forgot the dryer hose.

Well, I *was* informed by Evo Child that we needed to move Friday, so I held off on complaining about the water, I figured I would just wait a couple of days and have it on my move out list. My neighbor said what they usually do is bring you a new fridge, and take the old one away to be worked on or dumped so you are not inconvenienced.

I did unclog the toilet! That was my main thing.

Oh and after, I made the old apartment ladies jump through hoops, we're not moving this weekend after all.

MIH, can I use the blowing up the head smiley? Please?

Don't even ask me about the move, I have no idea. Could be tomorrow, next week, next month... :rolleyes:

Evo said:
Oh rats, forgot the dryer hose.

Well, I *was* informed by Evo Child that we needed to move Friday, so I held off on complaining about the water, I figured I would just wait a couple of days and have it on my move out list. My neighbor said what they usually do is bring you a new fridge, and take the old one away to be worked on or dumped so you are not inconvenienced.

I did unclog the toilet! That was my main thing.

Oh and after, I made the old apartment ladies jump through hoops, we're not moving this weekend after all.

MIH, can I use the blowing up the head smiley? Please?

Don't even ask me about the move, I have no idea. Could be tomorrow, next week, next month... :rolleyes:

we? you and the animals, you and daughter?

what did I miss? were you pushing little old ladies down into the ditch?

Back