Did You Ever Meet Someone Who Claimed to Have an Extraordinary Past?

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary: I were talking, he looked me in the eye and said "Zooby, I've seen things that I can't explain. I know that what I've seen is real."In summary, an old friend of mine, who I went to college with, told me he was a musician in the 70's and had gold records on the wall from that time. Several military personnel I have talked to have told me of UFO-related events. My skeptical father thought everything the military personnel said was nonsense, but my uncle has respect for him and has seen things he can't explain.
FireSky86 said:
I have not met anyone who has had an extraordinary past.

Maybe I'm an alien? :tongue:

Heh, I just noticed your username. Fire in the Sky was the name of the movie about Travis Walton; alleged alien abductee.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have an uncle who claims that he is the Son of a South Indian god named Ayyapan. Ayyapan is supposed to be a celibate god... and the uncle went off his rocker when his business failed.. Oh and he claims he saw the re-incarnated soul of our grandfather in a cow.

Ghost803 said:
I have an uncle who claims that he is the Son of a South Indian god named Ayyapan. Ayyapan is supposed to be a celibate god... and the uncle went off his rocker when his business failed.. Oh and he claims he saw the re-incarnated soul of our grandfather in a cow.
Did he ever explain the mechanism whereby he was a-sexually produced, or did he mean the celibate god had made at least one exception?

Ivan Seeking said:
Regarding the alien bit, in spite of my twenty-year+ interest in the UFO phenomenon, I have never met anyone who actually claimed to be abducted by aliens.

My ex husband used to be convinced he was regularly visited by aliens that did stuff to him. (not abducted though) After him saying "it happened again," I started to recognize his sleep behavior in those dreams. I finally woke him up during the dreams and was able to get him to see that it was ONLY A DREAM. From what I understand, he never had "visitation" dreams again. However, I DO find it interesting that he had these dreams since age 3, and his explanation of "blue monkeys" and "tall greys" are the same as what many people describe.

Ms Music said:
My ex husband used to be convinced he was regularly visited by aliens that did stuff to him. (not abducted though) After him saying "it happened again," I started to recognize his sleep behavior in those dreams. I finally woke him up during the dreams and was able to get him to see that it was ONLY A DREAM. From what I understand, he never had "visitation" dreams again. However, I DO find it interesting that he had these dreams since age 3, and his explanation of "blue monkeys" and "tall greys" are the same as what many people describe.

I dated a woman who claimed to have multiple personality disorder. The last guy she had dated played it up and made a big deal of it because he thought it was interesting. When I started dating her and she made comments to the effect that she had "left" for a moment I ignored them and the comments ceased. To this day I don't think she ever claimed to have a "moment" again after that.

Oh, another flash back. One time I found something just under the skin on his spine. It was a hard object that you could feel, sortof bluish-black. It was about a centimeter long, and about 1/3 of a centimeter wide, rectangular. I used to call it his alien implant. :devil:

Ms Music said:
What was his behavior during these dreams?

Also, what are "blue monkeys"? I've never heard this one.

Ms Music said:
Oh, another flash back. One time I found something just under the skin on his spine. It was a hard object that you could feel, sortof bluish-black. It was about a centimeter long, and about 1/3 of a centimeter wide, rectangular. I used to call it his alien implant. :devil:
What was his explanation of this thing? Was there a scar?

TheStatutoryApe said:
I had a friend who said she knew a family that had been chronically abducted. Apparently even the children made comments about the "tin foil people". I am unsure if maybe it was just the mother who was influencing the children to believe this or not since I never met any of the family myself.
Did your friend believe it? Was she offering the story as some kind of evidence?

Ivan Seeking said:
Almost had forgotten this one: Some years ago, after we had just moved, I went to a new dentist. While the hygenist was cleaning my teeth, she began to tell me how she and others were in psychic communication with some alien race on a distant planet. They were all working hard to solve some big alien problem. :eek: I was essentially held captive with sharp utensils in my mouth while she described the details of their work, so I decided not to go back there. :biggrin:
Makes you wonder to what extent all these stories can be traced back to repressed memories of encounters with lunatic dental hygenists.

zoobyshoe said:
What was his behavior during these dreams?

You could just tell he was having a nightmare, I knew he was "distressed"... Make sense?

zoobyshoe said:
Also, what are "blue monkeys"? I've never heard this one.

I don't know anything about UFOs or aliens, so I can't answer well... I just remember watching a tv "documentary" about alien abductions with him, and he said "those were what had visited him, the blue monkeys and the tall greys." The "normal" tall grey's, and these short, squat ones that were maybe 3 feet tall, apparently they "work" together.

zoobyshoe said:
What was his explanation of this thing? Was there a scar?

He had no knowledge of it until I noticed it, so he had no explanation. There was no scar that I could see, so the only thing I can guess at, is maybe a bone spur encased in blood? I am not aware of him ever having a doctor look at it.

Ms Music said:
You could just tell he was having a nightmare, I knew he was "distressed"... Make sense?
I see what you mean.
I don't know anything about UFOs or aliens, so I can't answer well... I just remember watching a tv "documentary" about alien abductions with him, and he said "those were what had visited him, the blue monkeys and the tall greys." The "normal" tall grey's, and these short, squat ones that were maybe 3 feet tall, apparently they "work" together.
I've never heard of "tall" greys. I thought greys were supposed to be about 3 - 4 feet tall. Also never heard of the "blue monkeys". Back when I was a kid all aliens visiting Earth were from Venus, and they were described as looking just like white (caucasian) humans except they were tall, healthy, and attractive, also usually blonde. Over the years alien stories evolved to include an increasing variety of alien species.
He had no knowledge of it until I noticed it, so he had no explanation. There was no scar that I could see, so the only thing I can guess at, is maybe a bone spur encased in blood? I am not aware of him ever having a doctor look at it.
Was it loose or attached to a vertebrae?

zoobyshoe said:
Was it loose or attached to a vertebrae?

I don't remember... But I think it was loose.

Also, When he called them "tall greys and blue monkeys" he was referring to what he called them as a 3 year old. I have no idea how tall the "tall" ones were, but the shorter ones were apparently not much taller than he was at 3. I just have vague memories of what he described, and the tv show that we watched that showed the same aliens. If I remember right, the tv show was about 20 years ago, and hyped by the media. Maybe someone else remembers it?

zoobyshoe said:
Did your friend believe it? Was she offering the story as some kind of evidence?

Yes she believed in alien visitors and abductions. She would tell the story of her friend as support for her belief along with her story of seeing lights in the sky. I'm sure the friend actually existed too since some of Storme's older friends were also acqauinted with the woman.

zoobyshoe said:
I've never heard of "tall" greys. I thought greys were supposed to be about 3 - 4 feet tall.

The tall ones have been reported for a long time now, but I don't know when it started; maybe with Strieber. IIRC, Betty and Barney Hill first reported the tall insect-like alien that was in charge, but the so-called tall greys are a different claim.

Also never heard of the "blue monkeys". Back when I was a kid all aliens visiting Earth were from Venus, and they were described as looking just like white (caucasian) humans except they were tall, healthy, and attractive, also usually blonde. Over the years alien stories evolved to include an increasing variety of alien species.

Obviously, back when you were a kid, the other aliens hadn't evolved yet and Venus was habitable.

"The Nordics" are still a popular reference.

It gets crazy in a hurry if you look at some of the websites that talk about this stuff. I saw one that listed something like 23 different aliens with an entire story to go with each.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a documentary a while back about aliens and they had a rather suprising managerie of alien types that are all supposedly descriptions from abductees that were "common" to one degree or another.

Zooby said:
they were described as looking just like white (caucasian) humans except they were tall, healthy, and attractive, also usually blonde.

Here you go, Zooby. The Nordics are also known as the Metrons.

320x240.jpg

The Metrons were first encountered by United Federation of Planets representatives in 2267. In that year, Captain James T. Kirk had ordered the USS Enterprise to pursue a Gorn vessel that had destroyed the observation outpost located on Cestus III.

As the pursuit passed the uncharted solar system at 2466 PM, the Enterprise was scanned from that system. Then the Gorn vessel inexplicably slowed and stopped...
http://www.startrek.com
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Metron

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Here you go, Zooby. The Nordics are also known as the Metrons.

Made me think of the Eloi but I guess they aren't aliens. ;-)

Ivan Seeking said:
Obviously, back when you were a kid, the other aliens hadn't evolved yet and Venus was habitable.

"The Nordics" are still a popular reference.
They all came from this guy:

3103675564_2baee195b1.jpg

Venus was their home planet, I'm fairly sure, since they were good and wanted to help mankind, and it was already known Martians were evil and just wanted to conquer.