Have You Heard of the Amazing Air JellyFish?

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Air
In summary, the conversation is about a link to a blog post featuring Festo's AirJelly and AquaJelly, robotic jellyfish that are controlled by air and water. The conversation also includes suggestions on how to make the jellyfish purple and nocturnal, as well as humorous ideas about controlling them. One person also mentions sending the link to someone else and another person shares their interest in jellyfish.
Tsu
Gold Member
Check this out!

http://smart-machines.blogspot.com/2008/04/festos-airjelly-and-aquajelly-wow.html

Physics news on Phys.org
But they aren't purple or nocturnal. :frown:

I WANT ONE...! damn how many more days till christmas?

Moonbear said:
But they aren't purple or nocturnal. :frown:

I know. It's sad. HEY!111 We could try feeding them red and blue food color and keeping them up all day... :biggrin:

er no. that's not what i meant. um knock them over the head so they SLEEP all day. yeah!11 that's it! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Tsu said:
I know. It's sad. HEY!111 We could try feeding them red and blue food color and keeping them up all day... :biggrin:

er no. that's not what i meant. um knock them over the head so they SLEEP all day. yeah!11 that's it! :biggrin:

:rofl: Can we get them to rove too?

SURE! JellyFish are limp and be talked into almost anything! :biggrin: As long as you don't mean that you want them to be related to KARL rove... :rofl: THAT kind of roving I wouldn't ask a SLUG to do...

That's really cool. I sent the link to Zooby.

Thats fantsatic!

Tsu said:
THAT kind of roving I wouldn't ask a SLUG to do...

That's no way to speak about Ivan. :uhh:

The description seemed a little drab, but that video is just mind-blowing. Reminds me of 'Encounter At Farpoint', the first episode of 'Star Trek—The Next Generation'.

That looks pretty cool, I used to be really interested in things like jellyfish and portugeese men of war.

1. What is an Air JellyFish?

An Air JellyFish is a type of flying drone that is shaped like a jellyfish. It is designed to fly and move through the air like a real jellyfish.

2. How does an Air JellyFish fly?

An Air JellyFish flies by using propellers and motors that are located on its body. It can also adjust its movement by changing the speed of its propellers.

3. Can an Air JellyFish be controlled?

Yes, an Air JellyFish can be controlled by a remote control or by a computer program. It can also be programmed to fly autonomously.

4. What is the purpose of an Air JellyFish?

An Air JellyFish can be used for various purposes such as surveillance, research, and even entertainment. It is also being studied as a potential method for pollination in agriculture.

5. How is an Air JellyFish different from a regular drone?

An Air JellyFish is designed to move and fly like a real jellyfish, while a regular drone is designed to fly like a plane or helicopter. The shape and movement of an Air JellyFish allows for more efficient and quieter flight.