Ever want to be sick?

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sometimes I am envious of people who get the flu. I would love to be in bed a few days watching TV, no matter how crappy I would feel.

I remember one really awful job I worked at where a team member got appendicitis. No one sent him sympathy cards - we were all jealous as hell. It was that bad.

No! The trick is to just say you are sick and lie in bed watching TV =-)

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No! The trick is to just say you are sick and lie in bed watching TV =-)
But you don't want to use up those sick days because at some point you might really need them. And sometimes, even when you are sick, you have to drag yourself in anyway because the project is so freakin' mission critical it's like you are working in an E.R.

turbo

Gold Member
But you don't want to use up those sick days because at some point you might really need them. And sometimes, even when you are sick, you have to drag yourself in anyway because the project is so freakin' mission critical it's like you are working in an E.R.
What if you don't have sick days? In my freshman year in college I got mono and bronchitis back-to-back. My greatest comfort was my best friend (a leggy blond whose father was a professor at Harvard) who made me tea and held me. Eventually, it got so bad that I had to be hospitalized (dehydration, enlarged spleen, and other stuff), but it was really nice just to have somebody around who cared.

I find a temperature of 102 to be most agreeable.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What if you don't have sick days? In my freshman year in college I got mono and bronchitis back-to-back. My greatest comfort was my best friend (a leggy blond whose father was a professor at Harvard) who made me tea and held me. Eventually, it got so bad that I had to be hospitalized (dehydration, enlarged spleen, and other stuff), but it was really nice just to have somebody around who cared.
I forgot about the sympathy. That sounds good, too. I'll skip the enlarged spleen part.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I find a temperature of 102 to be most agreeable.
What I need is a custom illness. Maybe no fever - just sniffles and a sore throat. Mostly, I need to look sick so I'll get sympathy and have justification to stay in bed a few days. I need to catch up on People's Court.

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What I need is a custom illness. Maybe no fever - just sniffles and a sore throat. Mostly, I need to look sick so I'll get sympathy and have justification to stay in bed a few days. I need to catch up on People's Court.
I wish. I'm feeling sick, but I need to work nonetheless. In fact, I'll be spending my evening preparing (another) presentation :cry:

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you had the real flu it would be more than a few days in bed.

Lisa!

Gold Member
Fever is awful! I prefer to work 24/7 but not feeling bad at all!

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I wish. I'm feeling sick, but I need to work nonetheless. In fact, I'll be spending my evening preparing (another) presentation :cry:
That's a drag. The last time I gave a presentation I had allergies and my eyes were all swollen up and red. I looked like I had been crying. It was awful.

*pours hot blueberry tea into Monique's computer*

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you had the real flu it would be more than a few days in bed.
I think last time I had it I was knocked down for about 5 or 6 days. I got stuck for 3 hours between two Korean business men who were sick as dogs on a flight back from Houston. There was no escape.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

wolram

Gold Member
I just recovered from an enjoyable cold, no headache or fever, just rocket powered sneezes,
the worst part is where one goes AH, AAH, AAAH, then the sneeze dies no atishoo.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just recovered from an enjoyable cold, no headache or fever, just rocket powered sneezes,
the worst part is where one goes AH, AAH, AAAH, then the sneeze dies no atishoo.
I'll take that! Do you have any germs left?

*kisses Wolram*

~christina~

Gold Member
:bugeye: You want the flu?!
Trust me, I wasn't watching television, during my flu last week. I just went to sleep since I had a fever on and off every few minutes.

Wolly, I hate it with out the atishoo! Makes me feel so incomplete.

wolram

Gold Member
Flu sounds horrible christina, hope you are proper well now.

I never get medically sick i think the last was when i was a kid and had measles.

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving