Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Everybody needs a little CFB

1. Oct 20, 2007 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Chicken Fried Bacon!
    [​IMG]

served up with a side of gravy for dippin'!

:rofl: Only in Texas, y'all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2007 #2

~christina~

Gold Member

That'll definately give you a heart attack...:eek:

4. Oct 20, 2007 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think my health insurance would be cancelled if I ever admitted to eating that stuff.

5. Oct 21, 2007 #4

Mk

Does chicken fried bacon mean it's bacon with chicken around it and fried?

After I try that, then I've had country fried chicken, country fried steak, chicken fried steak, none of those had chicken in them, as far as I know.

6. Oct 21, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Country fried chicken without chicken in it?

In theory, chicken fried steak simply means fry in chicken fat, AFAIK.

Please pass the cholesterol.

7. Oct 21, 2007 #6

Evo

And for desert fried ice cream with a battered and deep fried snicker's bar. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  8. Oct 21, 2007 #7

Astronuc

Well, add the batter fried zucchini and -

don't forget the Hot Sauce!

9. Oct 21, 2007 #8

Evo

How about some fried cheese and some chicken fried salad? You could toss the salad with some high fat/high calorie creamy dressing, wad up the salad, dip it in batter and fry it! Oooh, I could throw in some of those deep fried jalapenos!

10. Oct 21, 2007 #9

Astronuc

Sounds great! :tongue2:

Turbo makes GREAT jalapeño poppers!

11. Oct 21, 2007 #10

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In some places in Scotland you can get a battered deep fried pizza. If I remember correctly it weighs in at around 2000 calories which is the recommended daily intake of a healthy woman. But more often than not they are served with a side of chips most commonly eaten by slicing the pizza in half and creating a chip sandwich from the two halfs.

12. Oct 21, 2007 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In Scotland, they will deep fry anything in batter, from mars bars to pizza! :yuck:

13. Oct 23, 2007 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My mother is convinced that a Southerner invented salad dressing, after giving up on attempts to deep-fry lettuce.

14. Oct 23, 2007 #13

turbo

Gold Member

Actually, you never had any great poppers at my place, Astronuc. I stripped out all the seeds and placenta to keep the heat to a minimum so your family would try them. I usually don't do that. Of course, the stuffing of cream cheese and crispy bacon and the topping of melted browned Monterey Jack are just a bit on the high-calorie side. :tongue2: Next time you visit, I'll make two batches - one with all the chilies' innards intact.

15. Oct 23, 2007 #14

radou

Homework Helper

I didn't know you could order a piece of crap on a plate anywhere. Interesting.

16. Oct 23, 2007 #15

Evo

You're just jealous. :biggrin:

17. Oct 23, 2007 #16

turbo

Gold Member

There are some little diners in the deep south that seem to serve everything deep-fried. Just walk in, take a breath, and you're packing on the pounds. I draw the line at deep-fried breaded okra, though. That stuff is nasty no matter what you do to it - apart from making a base for gumbo. My work sometimes took me to the deep south for weeks at a time - all the way from east Texas to south Georgia and into Florida. Never happened to run into chicken-fried bacon, though.:rolleyes:

18. Oct 23, 2007 #17

Evo

Fried okra is a gift from the gods. It is the ONLY way to eat it (other than pickled). I won't eat gumbo with okra in it, when you boil okra it gets slimy and tastes nasty.

19. Oct 23, 2007 #18

turbo

Gold Member

Ooh! You'd better not say that anywhere from Orange TX to Moss Point MS and perhaps beyond. Some of those folks get touchy about their recipes. I've had it with chicken and bacon, and closer to the coast, with every kind of seafood they could throw in the pot. Heaven!

Edit: To those who haven't been paying attention, this is the lady who extols the virtue of eggplant - a "vegetable" that is edible only in eggplant parmesan, and could easily be replaced in that dish by cardboard beer coasters.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  20. Oct 23, 2007 #19
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  21. Oct 23, 2007 #20

Evo

:surprised Blasphemy!!!! Fried eggplant is to die for!!!! It's also incredible in dishes such as ratatouille and moussaka. :!!) :!!)

cardboard beer coasters :devil: You know, twisting_edge said the same thing. :mad:

I would kill right now for some fried okra and eggplant with a creamy horseradish sauce for dipping.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?