Introducing bitjumper: A New Addition to Our Scientific Community!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary: I don't think he's quite as hung as you are bitjumper.)In summary, bitjumper has invited a friend over who is afraid of the forum. Everyone welcomes him and shows him around. He is apparently not good looking enough for Evo, but he is apparently very good looking for Moonbear torturing mice.
For Evo...
http://kilk.com/erik/images/goats.jpg
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
mmm fresh meat

bitjumper said:
Hi everyone,
After such a grand introduction I can't just keep lurking here now, can I. I figure one of these days I'll be thanking Evo for this very special evening. :smile: Anyways, Hi everyone.
Funny how after 10 years she remembers the goats!
I don't like him.

lol, I'm just kidding. I'm not suprised evo remembers the goats after ten years. evo remembers everything. except for my number
ps anyways is not a word

Pengwuino said:
mmm fresh meat
you talking about bitjumper or the goats?

They are so cute (the goats). :approve:

tribdog said:
you talking about bitjumper or the goats?

ooo there's goats too?

bitjumper said:
For Evo...
Yep, cute goats.

Evo said:
Yep, cute goats.

fresh meat

bitjumper said:
For Evo...
They're cute. Are they French-Alpines? The markings on those two are quite pretty.

Glad you decided to stop lurking and to come out and say hello! Welcome to PF!

I thought you were smart. those aren't French-Alpines, they're goats.

tribdog said:
I thought you were smart. those aren't French-Alpines, they're goats.

i didn't know you were able to recognize goats head on. always thought your expertise was in rear view identification.

I was just wondering if both of that goat's heads work. I've seen a two headed snake before, but never a goat.

Moonbear said:
They're cute. Are they French-Alpines? Glad you decided to stop lurking and to come out and say hello! Welcome to PF!
All I know is that they are pygmy goats. I don't know if there is any more distinction beyond that. They were fun to have.
Evo reminded me of their names: Baby and Blue (as you can guess, it's been ahwile since I've had them.)

bitjumper said:
Evo reminded me of their names: Baby and Blue (as you can guess, it's been ahwile since I've had them.)
*cough* *cough* homo *cough

Evo said:
He's been lurking for a couple of months, reading posts, getting a feel for the forum and you people have scared the bejeezus out of him!

How is that possible ?

BitJumper, c'mon man, i am sure you ain't no sissy...

He has a physics degree from UC Berkeley and a CS master's degree at California State University at Chico. He's in R&D for a large tech company, so he fits right in here. :approve:

Nice man, in what field do you work ? I am eager to know

regards
marlon

bitjumper said:
All I know is that they are pygmy goats. I don't know if there is any more distinction beyond that. They were fun to have.
Oh, okay. French-Alpines are really BIG goats, but the markings are somewhat similar. I thought these might still be kids, but I guess not.

I had a bowl of goat soup once. Horrible stuff. It was Mexican though, not French

tribdog said:
I had a bowl of goat soup once. Horrible stuff. It was Mexican though, not French
I can imagine it would be awful. Goats aren't known for their cooking skills.

I really don't like goat meat or cheese. The flavor is just nasty.

Welcome aboard Bitmap!

Another Oregonian! Most execellent. Have you heard about Ivan Seeking's steak on oak? Maybe we can talk him into trying again on a Oregon PF BBQ! ... When the weather improves.

Ivan?

Hey, there you go. Bitjumper can catch the steer, Integral can cut down the tree, and I'll cook.

Welcome Bitjumper!

Oh wait... We'll need Janus to split the wood, and Kerrie to operate the fire extinguiser.

Btw Bitjumper, both of my sisters and an old friend went went to Chico.

Marlon, I've been doing R&D development on color printers for years and years -- mostly firmware, engineering, and project management. 15 years on the Deskjets, now on commercial printers.

Of course, none of this is as exciting as the projects and work I had at UC Berkeley. But with HP I work in a beautiful, nice corporate office and have all the toys I want.

Integral, "when the weather improves" -- you can say that again. A blizzard just started here. It's pretty exciting. Doesn't happen often here.

Ivan, I have very fond memories from Chico. Very different from Berkeley. Alas, I had a girlfriend still at Berkeley so I drove the 4-hours back and forth to Berkeley every weekend instead of enjoying the beautiful country around Chico.

Tribdog, I'm reservering judgement.

Yes - I'm shy on forums. Sorry. That's just me. I'm better 1:1 with e-mail or IM. Public forums are scary. This is very uncomfortable at the moment.

Did you ever get up to Bidwell Park? We used to go watch...I mean go skinny dipping there, at the falls at Upper Bidwell.

Ivan Seeking said:
Did you ever get up to Bidwell Park? We used to go watch...I mean go skinny dipping there, at the falls at Upper Bidwell.
I remember quite the sights kayaking down that river.

Ivan said:
We used to go watch...I mean go skinny dipping there, at the falls at Upper Bidwell.
bitjumper said:
I remember quite the sights kayaking down that river.

LOL:rofl:

MooOOOOn Riverrrrr...

bitjumper said:
Tribdog, I'm reservering judgement.
lol, wow, evo was right you are smart. I'm still up in the air about whether I like me or not.

Back