Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Evidence of aliens

1. Nov 15, 2005 #1

EL

Science Advisor

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/5372.asp

:biggrin: What a reasonable conclution! :biggrin:

Especially note how they refered to "some scientists"...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2005 #2
    It turns out India Daily is choke full of bullsh*t, and on a daily basis.

4. Nov 15, 2005 #3
    ROLF! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Don't these people have anything better to do than make up stories about UFOs?

Seriously, this belongs in S&D.

5. Nov 15, 2005 #4

EL

Science Advisor

6. Nov 15, 2005 #5

turbo

Gold Member

Here's the real story:

http://arxiv.org/ftp/astro-ph/papers/0509/0509433.pdf

Predictably, the authors mention "collision" between the quasar and the galaxy as the cause of their apparent interaction. Why is not "ejection" considered, when there is plenty of research to support the concept? Here is one good paper - follow the citations to see more:

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0402057

7. Nov 15, 2005 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Hi, EL! You slipped in just ahead of me and supplied a paper that very nicely presents the ejection model (radiation recoil or slingshot mechanism). Nice catch! I'll let my now-moot post stand, though.

8. Nov 15, 2005 #7
    Images of the quasar can be found in this ESO press release.

I find the ejection scenario to be the most likely explanation for this unusually rare looking quasar.

9. Nov 15, 2005 #8
    I like how they throw this on the end of the article.

"Some scientists predict, while our civilization is an experimental type zero creation, that one may be a direct colony of advanced extraterrestrial civilization from the Hyperspace. The bright Quasar may be the connector highway between the colony and the main civilization in the Hyperspace. "

What on earth is Hyperspace and what does it have to do with the rest of the article? Presumably the hyperspace is something I don't know about because I don't spend all day reading UFO stories.

10. Nov 15, 2005 #9
    There can't be aliens living in dark matter unless the laws of physics do applay to consipracy:
    Dark matter:In cosmology, dark matter refers to hypothetical matter particles, of unknown composition, that do not emit or reflect enough electromagnetic radiation to be detected directly
    Life:Response to stimuli - the ability to measure properties of its surrounding environment, and act upon certain conditions. This property is also called homeostasis.Metabolism, consuming, transforming and storing energy/mass; growing by absorbing and reorganizing mass; excreting waste

Life can't exist in dark matter because life needs light in oder to survie or another enegry source it whould be hard for it to respond to stimilu since all the light is being bloked out.If life did exist in dark matter it whould extermally deflect for it evole or for to become a Intellgent species.

11. Nov 15, 2005 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Note that sources such as India Daily, Moscow News, Pravda, and a few others to be listed later in the S&D forum feedback thread, are not accepted here as credible.

12. Nov 16, 2005 #11

EL

Science Advisor

But please Ivan, we are discussing articles by Sir Martin Rees et al. If those aren't legitime, what is then? The India Daily-link was just a funny introduction to the subject...but ok let's have it here, and maybe I'll start a new thread in the Cosmology section.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  13. Nov 16, 2005 #12
    I don't agree with everything the article says... but sure, why not? I think we'd be able to find traces of extremely advanced civilizations, should they overcome their differences and actually survive long enough.

14. Nov 16, 2005 #13

EL

Science Advisor

But the conclutions they make are totally rediculus. You shouldn't believe anything it says at all. I linked it because I wanted to share the fun I had reading that crap. It is no more than pure bs.

15. Nov 16, 2005 #14
    I know... but i still think it's possible for us to find traces somewhere.. it's just a matter of time. Heck, they're probably all around us, just lost in folklore and hersy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?