Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Evidence that Atoms Have Bizzare Wisdom

1. Dec 9, 2003 #1
    [SOLVED] Evidence that Atoms Have Bizzare Wisdom

The old two slit experiment has replicable evidence of bizzare particle wisdom.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2003 #2
    this has nothing to do with string theory.

4. Dec 9, 2003 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I agree.

And onycho, do you have a point?

- Warren

5. Dec 9, 2003 #4
    Originally Posted by Chroot

"I agree. (this has nothing to do with string theory) And onycho, do you have a point?"

Point? The implications of the results of this experiment are so significant that it leaves the string THEORY in a category of one celled organisms.

When the basic particles of this universe are more than just an inanimate sub-atomic piece of flotsam, the concept of 'why' particles arrange themselves in such a manner that creates life, thought and intellect must be reconsidered.

6. Dec 9, 2003 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...

No offense onycho, but it sounds to me like you really know next to nothing about quantum mechanics. Sorry, string theory is not "in a category of one celled organisms," whatever that means. Off to Theory Development you go.

- Warren

7. Dec 10, 2003 #6
    Isn't a case where the theory in question is the means to the ends. A paradox exists within the theory... being the unidimensional gateways that must exist for the quantum string to have the correct vibration frequecy to define any particular sub atomic particle. And that takes the simplicity to an added complication. And therefor this paradox I'm talking about. As stated the space time dimensional warp can't be defined by the string itself... because it's the dimensional warp that defines the properties of the quantum string. The dimensional warp can't be defined by the area of space the quantum string resides in... because if it's the area of space than a hydrogen atom would turn to another form just by moving to another area. Indeed predictions of theory do come true in time... However... it's usually trash due to the scientific community protection years of their work for going up in smoke. This is not the case. For years this theory didn't add up. Until... The main constant... the dimensional gateways... were added to make it work.

I don't know about you... but the black hole theory always always had a solid basis. The string theory just don't.

8. Dec 10, 2003 #7
    I wasn't aware of the control for the firing of single photons. If the is such a machine? - I'll take a dozen.

9. Dec 11, 2003 #8
    Okay you might want to take a look at the following Nature site but you will need to register for free.

Indistinguished service

http://www.nature.com/Physics/Physi...eference=C0A804F54651D7D80C6A7E1FEFA63FD8C022

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2003
  10. Dec 11, 2003 #9
    It will take a lot more experiments than this one to reach a new paradigm to do what you suggest. Though there is serious work in this direction.

Take a look at this site.
    http://207.70.190.98/toe.pdf

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?