Evil little Girl Scouts!

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
[rant]
L.A. Girl Scouts suck. I ran into some at the grocery store this morning. They don't give a rats patoot if you buy their cookies. Their moms do all the work and they just stand there and give you this bored stare like "are you gonna buy some cookies or not?" I bought a box from them anyway, and the girls never greeted me, never smiled at me, and never thanked me. (The moms did say thank you, however.)
Texas Girl Scouts are a whole different story. They set up outside a grocery store with a boom box and some balloons and it's almost a stage production. They sing songs, dance around, do cheers, and they are totally friendly to their customers. And they always say thank you.
[/rant]

SOS2008
Gold Member
The real killer is the cookie dough. Oh yeh...sold by the bucket.

I have a friend who got me to go to a nutrition seminar and I couldn't believe how bad so many products are--especially for kids. You know those convenience pack lunches? They had one that was something like seven years old...and it was still good because of the preservatives. :yuck:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That settles it. When I have a heart attack I'm suing the Girl Scouts...the California ones!

Interesting MIH. Maybe the California girls realize how evil their cookies are. They are conscientious objectors. :biggrin:

Tsu has her own version of the uncertainty principle: Life is uncertain, so eat dessert first!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu has her own version of the uncertainty principle: Life is uncertain, so eat dessert first!
I strongly adhere to that as well. When I was in college, there was a restaurant in town that had a menu that started with the dessert section, with that motto printed at the top of the page. Needless to say it was my favorite restaurant! :biggrin: