Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Evil scientist chasing me

1. May 17, 2005 #1
    The video below, features me as the Israeli version of Doctor Who (well, my audition piece anyway). You see me hiding from an evil scientist who eventually finds me, leading into a confrontation…..

Please append a comment or two on what can be improved (and before anyone says anything, yes, my Davros voice needs work!):-

Video can be downloaded for free here - http://rapidshare.de/files/1825379/dr_v_dav.wmv.html

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2005 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

your link doesn't work

4. May 17, 2005 #3
    well I have to say if that was meant to be funny then you should probably give it all up.
    I mean every link you have given has not been funny in the slightest.
    But if it wasn't meant to be funny then I guess it's ok...a bit silly, but ok.
    Anyway that's the honest truth from me :)

5. May 17, 2005 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

K i got it. no, it's not really funny.

6. May 18, 2005 #5
    so says you, and you don't yet speak for humanity! :approve:

what i will say is that the humour i have is of the 'ironic absurd'. for instance, the main (perhaps only) laugh comes from the Doctor saying, 'I hope this diguise works' which is said while hiding in the swathes of his colourful scarf :rofl:

and yomamma, did you like Davros, that wizened figurine, sat in his wheelchair? :tongue:

7. May 20, 2005 #6
  8. May 21, 2005 #7
    wow :bugeye: I guess it could get worse...
    I guess at least you trying :)

9. May 21, 2005 #8
    what do you mean 'worse'?! Explain why it was 'worse'!

i've told you, my humour is of the absurd! Do i need to define it for you?

i'm beginning to think you're the retard for not understanding that :biggrin:

furthermore, how do you explain how someone said, "Well, you're a good performer.."?? yes, see address below where it was said!!

http://www.tremek.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10141

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2005
  10. May 21, 2005 #9
    haha ok fair enough. :)
    Just getting under your skin ;)
    But yeah It's not my sort of humour really.
    I can't explain why that guy said what he said...it's just one of those things that can't be explained :tongue:

11. May 21, 2005 #10

cronxeh

Gold Member

omega a word of advise, 'mate'

The English humor has different wavefunction as compared to the American humor, hence most people here will not laugh at it.

If people dont laugh, you will get a bad review, and sometimes you might even get a popcorn bowl thrown at you, or perhaps blunt objects at high velocities

Now this is in contrast to panties and roses flying at you for the funny kind of humor

12. May 21, 2005 #11
    that's ok, i can handle virtual blunt objects :biggrin:

just be here for my next production! :tongue2:

American humour....not a topic i know much about, in fact i had to be told it was humour whenever i've watched it :shy:

13. May 21, 2005 #12
  14. May 21, 2005 #13

cronxeh

Gold Member

just what the hell do you people smoke over there..

15. May 22, 2005 #14
  16. May 22, 2005 #15

Danger

Gold Member

Well everybody in that bloody thread is an Aussie. That doesn't count! There's a reason that their ancestors were banished to that miserable rock. Were it not for the fact that they keep me in a constant supply of willing sheep, I would have no use for them whatsoever.

And incidentally, every time that I've tried to look at one of your stupid movies, it's been deleted by you before I get there. (Better for me, I figure.)

17. May 22, 2005 #16
    HAHA Australia is awesome...hardly miserable.
    And we can give you minerals, especially here in WA. I think that means that we're useful for more than sheep haha ;)
    British humour is the best humour in my opinion, but this stuff appeals to a VERY small minority.

18. May 22, 2005 #17
  19. May 22, 2005 #18
    I think that I can say safely that you're mad...as a bee :rofl:

Keep trying though

20. May 22, 2005 #19
    have you seen my latest 'try'? see above :surprised

21. May 22, 2005 #20
    ok, last video for this thread - Here is a Dr Who/Star Wars cross-over! See’DOCTOR WHO in discussion with YODA!!!! Amazing video epic!!!! Please add your review to this thread!

Video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/1917072/yoda.wmv.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?