Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Evo Child has Pneumonia

1. Feb 1, 2006 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

She isn't doing too well. It started as the flu a few weeks ago, but then progressed to pains in her chest.

So I bought her that new computer tonight, she needs one for those college courses she needs to take to get her final credits. It was her computer that got hit by lightning that I've been working on. She's decided to attend KU this year, it's only an hour away. Her dad was expecting her to attend Dartmouth, his alma mater. Oh well. KU does have a good medical school.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2006 #2
    :frown: I hope she gets well soon. Don't let her go outside until she gets better! Tie her down to the bed and force feed her lots of liquids.

4. Feb 1, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

And mommy her like there's no tomorrow! That always scares kids into being well again.

5. Feb 1, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

I hope she feels better quickly! Rest, lots and lots of rest.

6. Feb 1, 2006 #5
    what's Pnuemonia ? :redface:

7. Feb 1, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A type of infection in the lungs.

8. Feb 1, 2006 #7
    thanks !:redface: i hope she gets well soon.

9. Feb 1, 2006 #8

Mk

This would be a particularly bad time to laugh.

10. Feb 1, 2006 #9
    I hope she feel better soon, I've added her to my "to worry for list" and send all good healing wishes her way.

11. Feb 1, 2006 #10

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Ooooh.. this is not good. Is she home with you?

Zz.

12. Feb 1, 2006 #11
    I had pneumonia when I was three. They had to take me to the hospital and put me in an oxygen tent. My lungs were so clogged up with mucous that when I talked my voice sounded like a crinkly old man voice.

13. Feb 1, 2006 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh no! Get well soon Evo Child.

14. Feb 1, 2006 #13

Astronuc

I am very sorry to hear this. Has she been to the doctor? Is she coughing up mucus/phlegm? She might need antibiotics.

Besides ibuprofen/acetaminophen for fever, keep her hydrated, and I would recommend cranberry juice and orange juice, with a multivitamin supplement.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

15. Feb 1, 2006 #14
    :yuck: My best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope she gets well soon, very soon.

16. Feb 1, 2006 #15

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Get Well Soon, Evo Child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :smile:

So they think the flu caused the pneumonia? I'm just wondering because it could keep happening if it's something else, like some kind of swallowing problem. Is she allowed to have NyQuil? :wink:

17. Feb 1, 2006 #16

Evo

Not sure what caused it. They confirmed it yesterday when they did the chest x-rays.

I'm getting her this vaporizer for her room after work and taking her some chicken soup.

Attached Files:

18. Feb 1, 2006 #17
    Jewish penicillin. :approve:

I've had it twice. Both times I was hospitalized, like Zoopy, in an oxygen tent. I've prayed for her.

19. Feb 1, 2006 #18

Evo

Yep, can't beat it.

I have also been hospitalized under an oxygen tent with it when I was 5. Thanks Artman, she's looking pretty bad.

20. Feb 1, 2006 #19

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I had pneumonia a few years back, and the only thing that made any difference were the antiobiotics and the inhaler. Chicken soup and vaporizers probably won't make too terrible of a difference, but they might make her throat feel better. Laughing hurts terribly. They put me on a really concentrated dose (I waited months to go in, so by the time I did, the infection was pretty advanced), which cleared up the infection in about a week, but I continued to have sporadic flus for another month or so until I finally regained my former strength. All told, I was sick for a good five months. I hope it doesn't last that long for her. I caught bronchitis again around October, and this time was sick for only about a month.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  21. Feb 1, 2006 #20

___

Get well soon, Evo child.....
    My mum says I too had that Pnuemonia.....I don't remember.
    Get well soon...................
    :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?