Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell

In summary: No, that's additional.Did she get it in the color shown too? I love that color!Yeah, it's a beautiful color.I might have gone to a prom if I could have gotten something like this. I know those poofy things you're talking about.I was just thinking that with your hair, that would be stunning.Ach! I knew something looked wrong. I was typing sideways on one PC while trying to 'fix' WindowsXP on another.Anyway the turquoise...did you dye it yourself or did someone else dye it for you?I dyed it myself.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
The Evo child is graduating from high school this year. She'll be moving away to go to college in the fall. <sniff> Here's the dress she picked out for her senior prom. I don't know if I feel like crying because it's her last high school prom or because I just saw how much that dress cost. :cry:

Oh well, she'll look very pretty.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2900/3609f4nk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
i never went to senior prom. when i went to prom junior year, i couldn't afford anything like that. i spent $50 dollars total on my dress and hair and shoes and everything for prom.

I never even went to a prom. All through high school, I sewed all of my own clothes, seriously.

Probably why I never went to a prom. :redface:

Last edited:
I went to my prom. It wasn't all that great. My date was about twenty-five though.:blushing:

i sewed a lot of my own clothes in high school too. i still do now actually. I'm going home for spring break tomorrow and i intend to go through my old things and try to make some new things out of them.

its a very pretty dress though.

Gale said:
i sewed a lot of my own clothes in high school too. i still do now actually. I'm going home for spring break tomorrow and i intend to go through my old things and try to make some new things out of them.
Wow, I didn't know ANYONE sewed anymore. Can I adopt you?

Well Evo, I'm graduating high school this year as well, and did I mention I don't have a prom date yet? Would it be strange bringing you both as my dates? :)

I sew my own clothes - rather than through them out. :biggrin:

Although I had a very nice date for my prom, I felt out of place because I was a loner in high school, and I didn't really care to dance. :rolleyes:

And I hated wearing a tux. :yuck:

Last edited:
z-component said:
Well Evo, I'm graduating high school this year as well, and did I mention I don't have a prom date yet? Would it be strange bringing you both as my dates? :)
My first prom dance! Just tell us where and when. (have prom dress, will travel) :tongue:

Wow, that's a gorgeous dress! I wish dresses were that nice when I had my prom...that was still back in the day of big poofy things that I didn't like, and then when I had my senior formal in college, everyone was doing the "little black dress" in the style of 90210 thing, which wasn't really my style either...it's nice, but to me, that's a party dress, not formal attire. That dress, though, that's the sort of thing I'd love to wear.

Though, I don't remember buying a dress 2 months in advance either. I think I might have gone out two weeks ahead to get mine.

Yeah that really is a nice dress. Not too revealing, not too covering, just right! Does that thing around her neck come with it?

You do realize that dress has words printed on it...

Pengwuino said:
:rofl:

And I agree with z-component...it's a really nice balance of elegant, not too revealing, but not dowdy either.

My Lord, you can see her ankle! Harlot!

Pengwuino said:
The real dress comes without words. :biggrin:

Evo said:
The real dress comes without words. :biggrin:
Did she get it in the color shown too? I love that color!

z-component said:
Yeah that really is a nice dress. Not too revealing, not too covering, just right! Does that thing around her neck come with it?
No, that's additional.

Moonbear said:
Did she get it in the color shown too? I love that color!
Yeah, it's a beautiful color.

I might have gone to a prom if I could have gotten something like this. I know those poofy things you're talking about.

I was just thinking that with your hair, that would be stunning.

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
I sow my own clothes - rather than through them out. :biggrin:

Although I had a very nice date for my prom, I felt out of place because I was a loner in high school, and I didn't really care to dance. :rolleyes:

And I hate wearing a tux. :yuck:

After you sow them how long does it take for them to sprout? Do you just let them grow till they fit? What a great way to clothe a family!

Oh yeah, this thread has a topic.

WOW! :!)

Last edited:
Integral said:
After you sow them how long does it take for them to sprout? Do you just let them grow till they fit? What a great way to clothe a family!
Ach! I knew something looked wrong. I was typing sideways on one PC while trying to 'fix' WindowsXP on another.

Anyway the turquoise color looks nice.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Wow, I didn't know ANYONE sewed anymore. Can I adopt you?

heck yes! my mum doesn't really sew at all, so she never really taught me much. i mostly patch a lot of stuff by hand, but when i go home i get out the machine and do the heavier stuff. i frequently take old clothes from my siblings and take in the sides so that they'll fit me. i also make skirts out of everything.. shorts.. pants.. jumpers.. i now have a lot of skrirts. i intend to one day sew my own wedding dress, my grandma and i. i'll hopefully design it myself as well.

Gale said:
heck yes! my mum doesn't really sew at all, so she never really taught me much. i mostly patch a lot of stuff by hand, but when i go home i get out the machine and do the heavier stuff. i frequently take old clothes from my siblings and take in the sides so that they'll fit me. i also make skirts out of everything.. shorts.. pants.. jumpers.. i now have a lot of skrirts. i intend to one day sew my own wedding dress, my grandma and i. i'll hopefully design it myself as well.
OMG! You are so AWESOME! My daughters can't even replace buttons. :cry:

Are you sure you're not my child? Maybe the hospital made a mistake. You're the right age.

My senior prom kicked ass. We had karaoke outside and it was a nice break from the dance itself. I went out all and performed "Dancing Queen" and "I Will Survive;" brought the house down. My date's mother's best friend worked for Paramount in the costume department, and we got our outfits from them. I never asked what movie they were from, but we looked terrific, and paid nothing.

After the dance, we went cruising and ended up spending the rest of the night at an after hours club at Hollywood and Orange, and got some burgers from In N Out. What an adventure, with Kathy Colby paying no attention to the road at all and Mike Schroder freaking out. Then my date's mother flips because she didn't want her out all night and forbids her to see me. Instead, she decided to go to college with me across the country in North Carolina. Ah, high school. Being a kid was great.

Didn't go to my senior prom. Went to junior prom, that was fun though.

I can't wait until prom...less than 3 months away!

btw evo, good choice of prom dress...it's stunning.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I went to my prom. It wasn't all that great. My date was about twenty-five though.:blushing:
You like older men do you?

Loseyourname said:
My senior prom kicked ass. We had karaoke outside and it was a nice break from the dance itself. I went out all and performed "Dancing Queen" and "I Will Survive;" brought the house down. My date's mother's best friend worked for Paramount in the costume department, and we got our outfits from them. I never asked what movie they were from, but we looked terrific, and paid nothing.

After the dance, we went cruising and ended up spending the rest of the night at an after hours club at Hollywood and Orange, and got some burgers from In N Out. What an adventure, with Kathy Colby paying no attention to the road at all and Mike Schroder freaking out. Then my date's mother flips because she didn't want her out all night and forbids her to see me. Instead, she decided to go to college with me across the country in North Carolina. Ah, high school. Being a kid was great.
Damn, that sounds too good to be true!

1. What is Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell?

Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell is a high school event where seniors gather to celebrate their final year and say goodbye to their classmates.

2. When is Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell?

The date of Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell varies depending on the school, but it typically takes place in the spring before graduation.

3. What should I wear to Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell?

The dress code for Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell is usually formal or semi-formal. This means suits or tuxedos for boys and dresses or gowns for girls. It is important to follow the dress code to ensure a respectful and appropriate atmosphere.

4. Do I need a date to attend Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell?

No, you do not need a date to attend Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell. Many students attend with friends or even go solo.

5. Can I bring guests from other schools to Evo Child's Senior Prom: Dress & Farewell?

This policy varies from school to school. Some schools allow students to bring guests from other schools, while others limit the event to only current students. It is important to check with your school's prom committee for their specific guidelines.