Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Evo gave me three points for misinformation

1. Apr 11, 2007 #1
    Evo gave me three points for "misinformation"

Evo gave me three points for "misinformation". What does this mean? I`ve never lied and everyone is wrong at one time or another. There are members who intentionally mislead other members, but I've never been one of them. I'm posting this here because I can't seem to get a pm through to Evo since according to the message I get when I try her mailbox is full.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Your infraction had an explanation and a link to the post you received it for. I'm sending you a copy of your post by pm.

4. Apr 13, 2007 #3
    What are points? And what is misinformation? Is it like when I give the wrong answer in the homework section?

5. Apr 13, 2007 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Infraction points are given to a member for violating guidelines.

We are currently working under a very limited set of infraction categories. For example an insulting post could be given an "insult" warning which will never expire, it will always be on a member's record. Or a mentor could choose a lessor "misinformation" infraction if they felt the insult was more from a misunderstanding . The "misinformation" infraction will automatically fall off in 90 days and leave no record.

We don't give misinformation warnings for an innocent mistake.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?