Is Evo's New Move the Perfect Upgrade?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Evo is moving back to civilization and has decided to live in an apartment. He is excited about the move and the great things about it such as being nearer to his daughters and work. He is also excited about no one living above or below him and that everyone is welcome to visit.
wolram said:
I hope you have checked this new place out for possible subsidence, earthquakes, tsunami, volcanic activity, hurricanes, tornadoes, deathwatch beetle, alien invasion.
You know me too well. :uhh:

Rut roh, there is no basement, I wonder where I go when there is a tornado?

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
You know me too well. :uhh:

Rut roh, there is no basement, I wonder where I go when there is a tornado?

Where ever it takes you.:smile:

wolram said:
Where ever it takes you.:smile:
:rofl::rofl:

Hey, I need to think of something to make for dinner tonight that I can take to work as left overs.

I have various dried beans, angel hair pasta, chicken breasts, rice, alfredo sauce, rotel tomatoes (canned diced tomatoes with green chiles), spaghetti sauce, olives, potatoes and pickles. :redface:

OOH! Nice lagoon!

Can I go swimmin'?

Math Is Hard said:
OOH! Nice lagoon!

Can I go swimmin'?
Yes! Everyone is invited. :approve:

I'm wondering how Dr Foofer will adjust? He's used to going outside and romaing with the longhorns. I don't know how well he will hndle cptivity.

OH NO! I just remembered that Ricco (aka The Fruit Bat) likes to drill holes in Dr Foofer's head. Can someone build me a little metal helmet to strap onto Dr Foofer's head?

Attachments

• samuraicat.jpg
    samuraicat.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 400
Evo said:

Hey, I need to think of something to make for dinner tonight that I can take to work as left overs.

I have various dried beans, angel hair pasta, chicken breasts, rice, alfredo sauce, rotel tomatoes (canned diced tomatoes with green chiles), spaghetti sauce, olives, potatoes and pickles. :redface:

It seems like you will be eating out, or you could bung all the above into a
blender and hope.

wolram said:
It seems like you will be eating out, or you could bung all the above into a
blender and hope.
I thought you knew your way around a kitchen. I'm disappointed. :frown:

Evo said:
Yes! Everyone is invited. :approve:

I'm wondering how Dr Foofer will adjust? He's used to going outside and romaing with the longhorns. I don't know how well he will hndle cptivity.

OH NO! I just remembered that Ricco (aka The Fruit Bat) likes to drill holes in Dr Foofer's head. Can someone build me a little metal helmet to strap onto Dr Foofer's head?

Ricco must have been learning from the ancients, Dr Foofer might benifit
with a hole in the head.

Evo said:

Thinly slice the chicken breasts, and saute with onions and minced garlic (you DO have onions and garlic, don't you?), combine with Rotel tomatoes, herbs, and spices to taste and serve over the angel-hair pasta with some shredded cheese.

turbo-1 said:
Thinly slice the chicken breasts, and saute with onions and minced garlic (you DO have onions and garlic, don't you?), combine with Rotel tomatoes, herbs, and spices to taste and serve over the angel-hair pasta with some shredded cheese.
Yes, I have onions and garlic.

Mmmmm, sounds yummy, light and simple! Thanks turbo!

very nice new place, Evo

hope everything works out for you

That new house looks nice. The house your in right now seems huge for one person. Isnt it a 4 bedroom single family home?

It seems much smaller. For some reason, I don't care for big houses anymore. It seems like everyone has a big single famly home that was built by some typical developer and they all have that same basic look. Either its brick or stucco.

For me, I wouldn't mind having a 100 year old appartment or row house down in DC.

There is a resturant called clydes that is all wood inside and is like an old 1900's style. Its all wood with lots of great posters and stain glass ceilings.

http://z.about.com/d/godc/1/0/K/5/clydesgp2.jpg

http://www.clydes.com/images/Restaurants/rotate/Clydes_of_Georgetown.jpg

I want to pad like that, where its small, but full of great stuff. And I want an old 70-80's radio that has a pair of old quality speakers so I can listen to music and read books behind a big mahogany desk when I want quiet time. :!)

Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
That new house looks nice. The house your in right now seems huge for one person. Isnt it a 4 bedroom single family home?
Yes, 4 bedroom, three bathrooms, formal and informal living and dining rooms, etc... and it's a single family home, great when you have two kids, three bedrooms and a playroom/computer room, now it's all just collecting dust.

make your house look like that so I can move in.

Moving day I presume?

I hope all goes well!

Best wishes in your new home.

Astronuc said:
Moving day I presume?

I hope all goes well!

Best wishes in your new home.
Nope, that's been postponed another month.

I'm jealous. I thought about moving out of my place, because I want so badly to live somewhere with air conditioning. I looked at a couple of tiny studios here (West Los Angeles), but the rents start at $1250/month. I've been in my place for almost ten years under rent control so I might as well stay put.

I recently put an air conditioner in my bedroom window, but my landlord came by and served me a notice saying to take it out or quit the apartment. I should have looked at my lease. There's a clause in it that says I can't use an air conditioner unless the owner supplies it. Still sucks, though.:frown:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm jealous. I thought about moving out of my place, because I want so badly to live somewhere with air conditioning. I looked at a couple of tiny studios here (West Los Angeles), but the rents start at $1250/month. I've been in my place for almost ten years under rent control so I might as well stay put.
Which is why I live in Kansas.

I recently put an air conditioner in my bedroom window, but my landlord came by and served me a notice saying to take it out or quit the apartment. I should have looked at my lease. There's a clause in it that says I can't use an air conditioner unless the owner supplies it. Still sucks, though.:frown:
That's ridiculous! So, is he giving you an air conditioner? I'll come over and get heat stroke and then we'll sue him for every penney he's got. :devil:

I really want to get out of L.A. after I finish school. My landlord won't give me an A/C. He wants me to be as miserable as possible so I will move. Once I'm out, he'll double the rent for this place.

I want to come swim in your lagoon! That is so neat-o. Is it for swimming or just for looking at?

Math Is Hard said:

Gimme his address and i will change his mind, the low down dirty rotten.

wolram said:

You're so awesome, Wolly! :!)

Evo said:
Nope, that's been postponed another month.

I hope you have had an accident assessor inspect your new house.

Actually i think you should have gone for an open plan minimalist bungalow

:smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I really want to get out of L.A. after I finish school. My landlord won't give me an A/C. He wants me to be as miserable as possible so I will move. Once I'm out, he'll double the rent for this place.
You can't stay there without air conditioning. :cry:

I hope you still have your chillows.

I want to come swim in your lagoon! That is so neat-o. Is it for swimming or just for looking at?
Yes, it's for swimming.

wolram said:
I hope you have had an accident assessor inspect your new house.

Actually i think you should have gone for an open plan minimalist bungalow

:smile:
I think it's an accident waiting to happen. The front door is downstairs and opens to a stairway, you have to go upstairs to enter the apartment, the garage is downstairs. I'm wondering about nights when the Fruit Bat wakes up and wants to go out to use the bathroom. I'm thinking a harness and pulley system so I can lower and raise him off the side of the balcony. :tongue:

Good God! That's a one bedroomed house, in this country that's be a four bedroomed house with a closet to keep your two spare kids in.

In Japan that'd be a palace :smile:

Really nice house you're very lucky. Good luck.

Air conditioning swoon, if only. One of those hats with a mini fan on is the best I can hope for :smile: Still if it stops raining for long enough for the temperature to creep up above 30 degrees C (~87 Fahrenheit) Then a state of national emergency is announced.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:

:bugeye: Simply absurd.

Btw, I don't have an air conditioner either. I already mentioned in some of my recent posts that the temperature over here is 40 these days. Today it finally dropped down to around 37, which was a great relief (!). I hope it gets better next week.

The best part of the story is the fact that I live on the last floor of my building, so the sun is definitely keeping my appartment boiling. Even better, my bed is directly under a small attic-ish part of the ceiling, so there's not really much air there. Although I have two big windows in my room, the air circulation is amazingl awful.

*sighs*

wolram said:

I'm in, too.

Evo said:
I hope you still have your chillows.
I'm intrigued! What are these chillows you speak of?!

By the way, the place looks amazing. :cool:

morphism said:
I'm intrigued! What are these chillows you speak of?!
http://www.chillowstore.com/

By the way, the place looks amazing. :cool:
Thanks. :smile:

Huh, I was thinking about the need for something like the Chillow just the other night. I hate hot pillows!

radou said:
:bugeye: Simply absurd.

Btw, I don't have an air conditioner either. I already mentioned in some of my recent posts that the temperature over here is 40 these days. Today it finally dropped down to around 37, which was a great relief (!). I hope it gets better next week.

The best part of the story is the fact that I live on the last floor of my building, so the sun is definitely keeping my appartment boiling. Even better, my bed is directly under a small attic-ish part of the ceiling, so there's not really much air there. Although I have two big windows in my room, the air circulation is amazingl awful.

I plan on revamping the cooling system I was working on last year.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=127277

Maybe you could build one of these, too?

I want to build an aquarium pump driven system this time around. The thing was way hard to suck start and get the siphon going, and it never lasted quite long enough.

I think we need to all pitch in on designing an elevator system for Evo's fruit bat.:approve:

One word of caution: kitty claws and chillows don't mix! My cat absolutely loved the chillow until she wrecked it. Mostly my fault -- I was petting her while she was on it, causing the "Oh that feels nice" claw extension and retraction response.

The MIH COOL-A-TRON 5000 :biggrin: I love it!

Sorry to hear of the demise of your chillow. :frown: