What is the connection between Ramanujan and the value of infinity?

In summary, infinity is not a number that can be measured or quantified, and therefore does not have an exact value. It is an abstract concept that represents something without any limit or end. It cannot be measured or calculated, and does not have a biggest number. Infinity also cannot be divided or multiplied, as it is an abstract concept. In mathematics and science, infinity is used to describe unbounded quantities or endless sequences, and is also used in physics to represent infinite energy or space.
Evenus1
hey
I was browsing the web a while ago and I found an equation for infinity to equal 1.5 when subjected to a equation. however I can no longer find this. I was wondering if anyone knew what it was and if they could explain how it works.
many thanks
Ewen

Mathematics news on Phys.org

1. What is the exact value of infinity?

Infinity is not a number that can be measured or quantified, so it does not have an exact value. It is a concept that represents something without any limit or end.

2. Can infinity be measured or calculated?

No, infinity cannot be measured or calculated because it is not a finite value. It is an abstract concept that represents something infinite or boundless.

3. Is there a biggest number in infinity?

No, infinity does not have a biggest number because it is not a number in itself. It is a concept that represents something without any limit or end.

4. Can infinity be divided or multiplied?

No, infinity cannot be divided or multiplied because it is not a finite value. It is an abstract concept that represents something infinite or boundless.

5. How is infinity used in mathematics and science?

Infinity is used in mathematics and science as a concept to describe something without any limit or end. It is often used in calculus to represent the idea of an unbounded quantity or endless sequence. It is also used in physics to describe concepts such as infinite energy or infinite space.