1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Exam in 2 days, need help with concepts

1. Oct 18, 2008 #1
    I know, I'm not using the template but that's because I'm beyond that. I need help with key concepts because my professor is not adequate. I'm struggling on my homework which is really bad because I have an exam in 2 days. Is there anyway that someone could talk to me over a mic and help me through 6 problems. It's calc based physics and it's only on the first 5 chapters so it shouldn't be hard to explain.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to Physics Forums.

In all honesty you would probably be best asking your professor, or another member of the teaching staff, for help. If you don't want to do this, perhaps a friend who is confident with the subject matter would be willing to help you.

We do not have the facilities here necessary for voice conversations, we are after all only a forum.

Just out of interest, why do you say that your Professor is inadequate?
  4. Oct 18, 2008 #3
    well, to call him inadequate was probably too harsh. I'm still in highschool but I'm going to a college class for physics. this means that I don't get to walk in to his office whenever I want and I don't have many connections with students in the class. I don't have much help.

Plus, I'm used to a smaller learning environment and this is an intro course so it's big.

I know this is just a forum but I was hoping someone would have MSN or something.

Should I just post one question at a time?
  5. Oct 18, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's good to see that you have such a keen interest in Physics to be taking extra classes. I know it's a little late now, but for future reference the majority of lecturers are willing to offer help or answers questions via e-mail in my experience.
    You can do if you like, but I will warn you that we are scheduled for a server move later this today, which means that the site will likely be down for at least 24 hours and will quite probably be down longer.

If you still want to post your questions, you're more than welcome to and I'm sure everyone will do their best to help you out. I know you've got six questions that are all related, but it's usually best to post them in separate threads.
  6. Oct 18, 2008 #5
    thank you for your help.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?